• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

#1 and #2 for 2011

Started by Teamroper, January 12, 2011, 08:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamroper

Great day. Work got called off (with pay). Yahoo! Got 5 inches of snow over the past couple of days. Wind blew most of the morning and the first part of the afternoon. Had a gut feeling about going hunting just really wanted the wind to die down. Nobody on the roads so when the wind died down I jumped on my Polaris Ranger and took off for a neighboring farm that I hadn't touched in about 6 months. I had purposely left this place alone because I had called this place so much that I knew they were highly educated.  :hahaha:

Set up my Scorpion and hit the squirrel distress followed by a young rabbit distress and after I shot the first one I hit the wounded pup distress. The first coyote came running out of the woods on the five minute mark and ran to about 5 yds. from the Mojo Critter and stopped. Bang! Down #1. :yoyo: Continued to call the young rabbit distress call for another minute and then hit the wounded pup distress call. Two minutes later I saw one darting through the woods. Thank goodness for the snow or I might have not seen him. Got my gun ready and about 15 seconds later he appeared at the edge of the woodline. Bang! #2 down. :yoyo: Continued to call for about 4 more minutes and then quit.  :yahoo:

The front coyote weighed 30.68 lbs and the back on weighed 31.24 lbs.

Both coyotes were shot with a Winchester Model 70 in a 22-250 topped with a Nikon 4-12X50 Buckmasters scope and shooting 50 gr. Winchester bullets. Distance- 60 yds. What a way to start the new year. See ya in the woods. :biggrin:

When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

golfertrout

those are some nice looking coyotes :yoyo: good job

Hidehunter

Nice!!  I havent made it out yet.
Denver                                           

Frogman

Nice looking coyotes!!  WTG!  Good shooting.  Thanks for the story and pictures!

JIm
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

What a beautiful way to kick off the new year :yoyo:
Nice work teamroper :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com