• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

32 lb. female, 10-27-13

Started by possumal, October 27, 2013, 07:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Yote Yoda and I went to one of his hunting spots in Anderson County this afternoon and made two stands. First one drew a blank. Second and last stand, last 30 minutes of daylight, we called in this nice 32 lb. female, well furred out.  Yote Yoda saw her enter a big pasture from about 280 yards out and was watching for her to show up on the hillside in front of him, but she veered to the right and followed a ditch for about 150 yds and showed up about 120 yds from he, looking at the ecaller and decoy about 60 yds away.  I was hoping YY would get a chance to get blood on his new JP AR 223, but I could see she was too far my way for him to see her. So I put a 70 grain Blitz King dead center in her right shoulder, with no exit hole but total destruction to all bones in her left shoulder.  Here are a couple of pictures:

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Nice job.
Is that the new JP AR 223 in the pic pointing at your head?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

That is.  If I hadn't seen it defanged, I might have gotten nervous (lol).
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

CCP

Congrats nice coyote and nice looking AR.

Educated gun owner with a Samsung Galaxy Note 2

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Frogman

Nice!!  Good shooting, possumal!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

I like that 4 wheeled hunting rig.  Now I know how you pack all that gear.   :laf:

Were you using a .243 or .223?

JohnP

Is that about the average weight for a female in your hunt area?  She'd be a big'un out here. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

possumal

John P, from 27 to 32 lbs is not an extra big female around here.  I'd guess she would not have been 2 years old until this coming spring.  I have killed a lot of females from 34 to 42 lbs.

Semp, that is a nice rig that Yote Yoda has. I don't have an atv anymore so I have to tote my stuff. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff