• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

#2 and #3 fall to the snare

Started by Roundman, April 15, 2008, 06:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

A small piece of property that I looked at a few weeks ago produced two for me today. I found some old scat and well worn trails, I would stop back by every couple of days and recheck it for fresh sign. The sign tripled the other day with scat everywhere. I set three snares and caught two coyote. This black one was the best of the two. The other had some major fur problems, it looked so bad I would not even put it in the back of the truck.  :puke:

Coulter

That is an awesome looking coyote...congrats on the catches.

Steve

Bopeye

You DA MAN!!!!  :biggrin:

Give me a shout sometime......... :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

DirtyDog

Nice Mike.......that sure is a trpohy.  :wink:

coyotehunter_1

Mike, thanks for posting the photo  :highclap:

It's amazing... only a handfull of years ago, if someone even mentioned they had seen a black coyote some folks would say that was impossible... "ain't no such critter !"  :huh:

In the past two years there have been several, maybe even a dozen or more , posted on numerous boards. CCP has photos of the one he called in and killed. I've seen three myself, one alive and two that were road killed. Bop and I both know of another that was snared by a local guy. He had a full body mount done and it is now being displayed in his office.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

NNNNice! :yoyo:
I love the looks of those black ones. That one looks like he's fading into his summer stage with all that silver showing.

You had to be pumped. I know I woulda been.  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Nice yote and nice shirt!   Rich is gonna be proud.   :biggrin:

Semp

vvarmitr

Get a hair cut!
:laf:

WTG Mike. Have ya put those skinning lessons Jimmie gave ya to work yet?  :shrug:  :biggrin:

coyote101

Way to go Roundman! :highclap: Nice shirt too.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

bootmud

Awesome looking coyote.  Congrats :highclap:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Roundman

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 15, 2008, 08:29:02 PM
NNNNice! :yoyo:
I love the looks of those black ones. That one looks like he's fading into his summer stage with all that silver showing.

You had to be pumped. I know I woulda been.  :biggrin:
Yeh if it would have been a few weeks ago I would have had it mounted. It's the best looking coyote I have ever seen.
Quote from: vvarmitr on April 16, 2008, 08:04:51 AM
Get a hair cut!
:laf:

WTG Mike. Have ya put those skinning lessons Jimmie gave ya to work yet?  :shrug:  :biggrin:

I do need a cut BAD
Quote from: Semp on April 15, 2008, 10:25:47 PM
Nice yote and nice shirt!   Rich is gonna be proud.   :biggrin:

Semp
I'm represent-n the 256 y'all  :roflmao:

ErictheRed

Very nice! I would have to have that tanned, if not mounted. :congrats: