Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

I have a Leupold Rifleman 4x12x40 scope I use on my .243 for coyotes. It does OK but I expected it to be a little better than it is. It's not that great in low light conditions.

alscalls

6.5x20 here ...I have had it for many years and I love it but the low light problems are the same with me.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hawks Feather

I have a few Leupolds and like them all - especially the 4x and 2-7 rimfire scopes.  They seem to work extremely well on my rimfires.  I also have the 36 on my benchrest gun and that is the "norm" on most of them.  I did not have the money to get it boosted like many of the "real" shooters, but for what I was doing (local and informal shoots) it works fine.

Leupolds are NOT cheap - either in cost or quality.  If I could find a Leupold and Burris that were the same size (physical) and power, I would probably save some money and buy the Burris. 

Jerry

FOsteology

By far my favorite line of scopes for hunting rifles. The reasons are many.... eye relief, eye box, weight, aesthetics, balance, and proven reliability and ruggedness in the field. For the majority of the hunting I do (aside from hunting feral hogs at night), the optics clarity, brightness, rendition, etc. are more than adequate. I especially like the 3.5-10x40mm as well as the fixed 6x (both 6x36 and 6x42mm) with the Post & Duplex reticle.

Yotehntr

I have a few, 4.5 x 14 on 2 guns (AR and my .223 LVSF) the only complaint I have is the zoom ring is very tight. Clarity is awesome, could have done just as well for my purposes with a 3x9 though (except for range work). I would have to say they are my 1st choice in scopes for what I'm willing to spend.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FOsteology

Forgot to add.....expensive as heck.... but I really like those Alumina flip-up covers!

Bob D

Leupold Scopes are very good scopes. I've had quite a few over the years that I used on my  deer rifles. My problem with them was in low or no light conditions. I could see the deer in my binoculars but I couldn't distinguish it with the scope. That's why I like the European scopes .
Bob

clynn

Great scopes a little pricy but made in good ol USA

FozzyBear

Have one on my 30 06 3x9. Have had no problems in low light or no light. My gunbuilder friend sade that is all he will put on all his rifles that he builds

shaddragger

I have a VX-II 3X9X50 on a 7mm-08 deer rifle. It is very good in low light and cranking up the magnification doesn't distort it at all. Definitely worth what I paid for it!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen