• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Deer Stands

Started by Carolina Coyote, March 15, 2009, 08:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Just thought I would post these pictures of how to convert a " Tow Tank " into a deer stand. I have built quite a few of these thing and the design has changed considerably from when we first started using them, if you want additional info sent me a pm. cc

alscalls

I love fab.!!! I wish I coulda been there to help looks like a lot of thinking went into that............ :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Carolina Coyote

Al, I have been making these things for about 8 years and think I have finally got them designed to where they keep the rain out and are pretty comfortable. This is also a very inexpensive way to make Deer Stands as these Tow Tanks can be found for no cost but may need repairs on the cage. cc

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Hidehunter

That is clever.  Nice work and good thinking
Denver                                           

iahntr

Pretty slick  :congrats: :congrats:
So what's the inside dimensions of em?
In the pic with three of em, what are ya using
to cover the bottom half with?
Thanks, Scott
Scott

Carolina Coyote

The Tow Tanks are 40 inches x 48 inches x 45 inches deep, The material used on the ones in the picture to cover the bottom part is ( Wet Felt )  it it used in Paper Mills, I am not exactly sure how it is used and maybe someone that works in a paper mill can explain, they used to be a  manufacturer of the material in my area where  I had access, but they quit making it at that location, The material will not rot or deteriorate and comes in different thickness with the thinner works the best. If you know some one that works at a paper mill they may be able to get the old rolls when replaced, I am looking for another source myself. I'm sure there are other materials that could be used also. cc

KySongDog

Where do ya get the tow tanks at?    :wo:

FinsnFur

You should be able to pick them up at any manufacturer that uses bulk paint or other non toxic liquids.
We get a ton of them at work with house paint in them.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

As Jim says lots of Manufacturers use them and its just a matter of contacting them and asking for any that they plan to discard, just be careful not to take any that may have had some kind of Toxic chemicals in them, There are various  kinds of these things but the ones you want are like in the picture with metal bottoms that hold 250 gallons, they will normally need some kind of repair on the cage where the spot welds have broken or the tubing is bent. cc
Jimbo Thanks for getting the pictures to show.