• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Dam tough

Started by riverboss, May 12, 2015, 07:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

I always knew dogs were tough but really didn't know just how tough they really were! Till yesterday Sat I got a call one of our junk yard dogs Max a Saint Bernard gentle big baby all around, had come in hurt and thought he had been hit by a car.
He was bleeding very heavy from his bunghole and had a few signs of outside damage on his hip.
We left him inside and feed him over the weekend waiting till Mon to take him to the vet.
Mon the vet called and told us to bring him in! After some shaving he discovers he had been shot by a turkey hunter.

riverboss

He will be OK as it didn't hit any vitals but has a long way to go.

FinsnFur

Holee Crap :sad:
How in "Sam Hill" do they go about getting all the shot out of him? That would be worse then the initial shot as far as I'm concerned.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Ouch!...i'd like to know what the story is behind that!

shaddragger

:argh: A present from a real jerk! Hope he pulls through it ok.
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Hawks Feather

There are hunters and then there are people like the one that shot your dog.  I hope your dog fully recovers.

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

Dang the ah that shot him, poor fellow has to be in misery. Don't see how they could possibly remove all those shot.  :rolleye:

linemansteve

Dang, Dan I Hope your dog pulls through ok. It's sad there are people out there that would do that for no good reason. Steve
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

riverboss

They said they couldn't remove the shot and it wouldn't be a problem for him .
As far as the story goes were getting bits and pieces of rummers, I'm sure it will come out and some forum of justice will be had.  Poor fellow sure couldn't of done anything that bad to deserve this. Thank for your support and thoughts.

Dave

Sorry to see this.  I hope you find out who shot him.  That's a nasty looking x-ray - he's one tough dog for sure!!!  I'm sure his thick coat helped absorb the impact.

iahntr

That's horrible ! And flat out pisses a guy off !!
Hope he makes a full recovery, and somebody pays a little somethin for it  :argh:
Scott

riverboss

Anyone have any experience with penicillin shot? I got some and know the dose but I'm not sure were to inject it into him. Should it go in his neck like most shots or should I put it in the wound area? I've been giving him his pills but its starting to get dirty and swell up. He's laying on it and I can't get him stop! The cold floor must feel good.

FinsnFur

I'm not sure about the dose, but you wont accomplish anything by trying to inject the wound area. You need to safely and efficiently get it under the skin. Pinch the neck skin and inject the needle below your fingers holding the pinched skin. The reason vets use the neck is because thats usually where the skin is the loosest.

Penicillin works by running through the blood stream, thats why your injecting it into him. To apply it to the wound area would be a topical application which Penicillin is not.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

Thanks Jim makes since to me putting it that way.

Frogman

Must have been close, I can't get my gun to pattern that well???

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

riverboss

Yea Jim it was very close! The swelling is making the hole run together and split open. I think I have found were it happens and who it was, going to have a talk with a fellow as soon as I can catch him out. I sure hope it goes well!

riverboss

Pic from last week.

nastygunz

A lot of people seem to think it's okay to pepper an animal in the ass with a shotgun if it's doing anything that bothers them. I just had an older guy that I know who had a bear with 3 cubs in his backyard destroy his birdfeeder and he said he was going to shoot it in the ass with 12 gauge birdshot.

Dumb, dumb, dumb!

I would say by the location of where your dog was shot that somebody did it to "teach him a lesson" and I use that term loosely. If he was attacking somebody he most likely would've been shot in the front chest or head part of his body not the rear side.

In fact looking at that last picture it almost looks like they shot him as he was going away from them.
Pretty despicable whoever did it.