• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

First day of Ohio bow seaon

Started by Troy Walter, September 30, 2007, 10:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy Walter

Well yesterday was the opening of Ohio bow season and I made it out for the evening hunt.It was about 80 out side and the mosquitos were bad it was a slow nite didn't see a deer.Around six I was seating in my stand and I had every inch of my body covered except what my face mask wouldn't cover around my eyes. I had my hand up in front of my face to flick the mosquitos away. I saw this hawk land on a tree out in this opening about 40 yards out in front of me. I was slowly flicking the mosquitos away and he snapped his head around and looked at me.I flicked another mosquito away and here he came looked like a fighter jet wings spread out on a direct route he got to about 10 yards and I moved my head he landed in my tree about 6 feet above me looking at me like man that is a big squirrel.

vvarmitr

:whew:  :whew:  :whew:  That was a close one! If that happen to me I'd really put the ol' Scent Lok  to the test!  :innocentwhistle:  :laf:

wv_yoter

Troy, I believe that would've left a mark. :biggrin:
Jason

iahntr

Yeah they could put a hurt on ya latchin on to your face.  :eyebrownod:
As far as the mosquito's go, I would recommend tryin a Therma cell. I've heard of people havin good luck with them. I tried one for the first time in Texas Labor Day weekend pig huntin, and was very impressed. I know I'm gonna try it this year deer huntin.
Scott

Troy Walter

I think I am going to pick one up also.

vvarmitr

Therma Cell? HaMeR talked me into one ... I have two now! :doh2:    I HATE MOSQUITOS!  :argh: