• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Digger Doer updated finally

Started by Ladobe, January 12, 2007, 12:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

Finally got one of my favorite digger doers out today and put the new scope on it that's been waiting on the shelf for several months.   Took the new model Burris 10X target scope off and gave it a new Burris 3-12 with fine reticle.   Now it can cross-over for predator use as well.   The 10X is fine for bench shooting, but lots of luck finding a moving predator with it, especially offhand. 

Anyway, it's a full custom XP-100 in 223 with a Douglas Premium barrel, Dewey target trigger, trued action, bedded and floated in a Myrtle, Holly & Rosewood stock and it shoots like a dream with several different handloads.   If I can see them in the scope, tiny Belding ground squirrels "way out there" are in dire trouble when I pull it out.   Optics is all that limits it.   Wish someone would make a quality 24X or 36X pistol scope - I'd buy a bunch of them.   

Sure is a good feeling when a rig all comes together well though.   Picture is from the last Digger Wars with it still wearing the 10X.   

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

FinsnFur

That is sharp Ladobe.
Almost looks like an old Remington, cut in half  :eyebrownod:

You got too many toys
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Ladobe

You don't know how right you really are pard.   Lost count as I have sold some, but somewhere between 40-50 rigs, 8-10 of them still new and unfired and most above the norm.   But lots of them and all their support gear are going away when I feel up to doing new pictures, ads and transfers on them.   Don't see any reason to keep them when they are just collecting dust anyway.   I'll never get to that elusive "one gun man" thing, but I sure want to get closer to it.    Have certain favored ones that'll probably go to the crematory with me though.   :wink:

USN 1967-1971

FinsnFur

:laf:
That vette's not gonna fit in the burner though, so where's that gonna go?  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Ladobe

Got a 29 year old son that'll continue to terrorize the streets of Vegas with it after I'm gone, and fight off all the young gold diggers that come along with it too I assume.   :eyebrow:

USN 1967-1971

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Ladobe

Not really Jim.   But he did get a little rattled when I told him I was going to sell it last summer, so he does want it.   I was going to order a new Z06 so I could spend at least all of 2007 touring as much of North America as possible in it (which the '73 is not up to).   Did it as a teen in a '58 and want to do it again to see if anything has changed much.   :wo:

But I decided to wait until this year and put my order in for the new Z07 coming out instead.   A 505 HP Z06 verses the supercharged 650 HP Z07 made it an easy choice to wait another year (although it will cost at least twice as much as a Z06 for the first cars).   Yes, I would use the extra Horse's.   That's what they stuff them all under the hood for isn't it - to use?   :innocentwhistle:

If my health holds out so I can still make the trip, I'll just keep playing with the '73 until I get a Z07, then give it to my son.

USN 1967-1971

FinsnFur

:laf:
Yeah that's right. That's exactly why they stuff em in there. To use  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers