• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Deer Roast

Started by msmith, September 08, 2014, 09:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

No pics. Nothing really special. The wifey pooh put a coupla deer roasts in the crock, added an envelope of Lipton onion soup mix and added water. Let 'em cook all day. Usually I like to add a can of "cream of something" soup, like mushroom, celery, or chicken. Then you have a gravy for the potatoes. She fixed sides of home grown green beans and boiled new potatoes. Already had to make a sammich outa the left overs.  :eyebrow: I'll have some dandy sammiches packed in my lunch this week.  :biggrin:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Okanagan

Sounds delicious!  My wife does something similar with the onion soup in a crock pot.  Makin my mouth water!

bigben

If you want something tastee fire a cast iron skillet up. Coat the outside of the roast liberally with montreal steak seasoning. Sear the roast in the pan then put it in the crock. Take a good dark beer porter or stout and lift the stuff outta the pan and put that in the crock as well. Let go till done. Ohhhmyyy.

Yours im sure was good as well. Simple is good at times. Sounds like good eats
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

msmith

I'm gettin' hungry again! Need to get the lunchbox out for leftover samwitches.

Ben, a coupla years ago, you done a roast with a BBQ dry rub. Sure could use that recipe. My daughter has been asking for an oven roast. I usually use a garlic herb rub, but would love to try that BBQ one.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

bigben

It was real simple. We actually just did one this summer at the trappers rondy. Pretty much anytime me n a buddy get together we do one

The rub is a pork rub i make myself. I can send ya some or you can get something at the store. I found some good basting sauce last weekend i want to try on deer. It is stubbs texas roadhouse ancho chili and garlic.

I just rub it then drape bacon over it and then slow roast it over an open fire. I tent foil over it to get coverage around the top or i smoke it.

Cook till med rare. Slice thin and enjoy.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hawks Feather

Sounds pretty good.  Good enough to send me off to the kitchen for something to eat.  It won't be venison, but it will be meat.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I cant get none of the pics to load :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 12, 2014, 10:33:02 PM
I cant get none of the pics to load :confused:

Somebody already ate 'em
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

possumal

Yeah Jimbo, it is downright cruel to get a feller hungry and not even post a picture of any of the goodies.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

bigben

Heres one i did a few weeks ago

possumal

Now that's more like it, Ben.  I can almost taste that.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Yep that looks delish!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers