• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Caught a weird looking trout yesterday...

Started by centerfire_223, December 13, 2014, 04:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

I went out yesterday and put a little time in on SC's delayed harvest section of the Chauga River on a rather cool day, 25 degrees when I left the truck. Pretty chilli for SC standards. I caught this fish that had a funny looking color to it. Sort of... I let you make up your mind! I'll throw in a couple of other pictures of some nice trout. The other side of the fish was normal rainbow colored.

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Dave

That is weird.  Nice looking trout and looks like you had that hole all to yourself (and the cameraman). 
Now I have a fishing bug I have to deal with.

centerfire_223

Yea, we had the stream ourselves till later on that evening. Though we walked a mile or two upstream before we started fishing. Not a whole lot of people want to walk that far. Had a good day though between the two of us, we caught around 60 fish. The bite was a little off yesterday, last week I went in there by myself and caught that many.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Hawks Feather

Looks like a good time - except for the temp.  I think my hands would be rather cold when wet at that temp.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I dont do much trout fishing and I have never seen anything like that either. Is it something to do with their breeding run I wonder?
Nice lil harvest by the way Ron, Thanks for sharing it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Really an odd one.  Thanks for posting.

I'd sure contact a fish biologist either in fish and game or at a nearby university. 

I wonder if that is a permanent coloration from birth or is some kind of progressive change in color?  The fish looks healthy.

Looks like fun fishing whatever the color!

nastygunz

Obamafish?....great pix as I look at the snow falling and my fly gear gathering dust!

centerfire_223

Nasty, come on down south where the weather is somewhat nice and the fish are biting AWESOME!!!
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

msmith

Thanks for sharing! I sure am getting the bug myself. With the weather we have been having, I figger on hitting the streams after the first of the year.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori