• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Stupid Questions

Started by DirtyDog, December 31, 2006, 11:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmie in Ky

Theres a concrete picnic table beside each cabin with a charcoal grill already there in place. Pretty handy if ya have time to use them. There is also a fire ring for use with outdoor fires as well. There is a hydrant to the left and across the road from cabin 2 at th horse trough to get a bucket of water if ya need it. There are other such hydrants placed around the campground as well. Remionds me I need to throw in a bucket.

Lets just hope with the weather fronts next weekend the winds aren't doing 90 to nothing. Jimmie

DirtyDog

Hey guys,

I hope I don't sound like a total jerk here, but I was hoping to get some clarification on one thing before I go up there. I just went to Ohio to hunt with some guys from "another site", and it was cool, but I had a buddy with me. I had a lot of bad things happen while I was there. I just want to make sure that I will be able to hang with someone who knows the area and isn't going to leave me high and dry.

Thanks
Joe

studabaka

NewDog,

We kinda had a discussion along those lines on another thread in here somewhere. Mt net was 'it should work out fine'. There will be several folks that are pretty familiar with the area and a bunch more that are seasoned callers. Us newbie's should find a plethora of insight, direction, and good company.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

I hope so. On Saturday, I got lost, stuck in a ditch miles from anything (it was a long walk). And got pulled over by Barney Fithe.

studabaka

One thing we could do is post a hunt board at one of the cabins. Folks that wanted to use it could pin a note saying who they were hunting with and/or which section they were heading off to hunt. They would take it down when they returned. Then come evening if they were lost/stuck, folks at camp would know they was still out and unaccounted for..... just a thought.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Jimmie in Ky

Just some of hte reasons I give my phone number to everyone that thinks they may need it and we like for everyone to partner up with some one. A board would be good but folks tend to stray from where we think they are up there. But at least we would have an idea of who is back and who is not!!

I will be talking about all of this friday night. And we will also draw names for partners if some wish it. If every one shows Up I have a good number of fellows from the area I believe I can trust.  My partner just backed out do to a bussiness trip turned vacation to fish in the keys. That opens me up to taking two instead of just one. And we can do some switching for th afternoon hours if you want.

I just learned I need to buy a new sheet for snow camo, anybody got 3 dollars ?   :eyebrow: Jimmie