• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL UPDATE

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2014, 04:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I talked to the Forest service guy who runs Wrangler's Campground a little bit ago. He said all offices and facilities at LBL are still closed, with power out over much of the area. Power may be restored as early as tonight or tomorrow, but he doesn't expect the higher ups to reopen anything until next week sometime, because roads are still bad and trees are still coming down.

That being said, outdoor activities such as hunting and camping are still allowed, however if you get stuck somewhere in the back country you are on your own. So anyone that wants to come and hunt can do so, but you'll have to find accommodations somewhere other than Wrangler's Campground and expect very poor road conditions.

Once power is fully restored and their computers are up and running, they will begin the process of refunding folks for the cabins. The refunds should post to credit cards in a week to ten days after the LBL folks do their thing. You should not have to do anything to initiate the process, LBL will take care of it. If you don't have a refund in a couple of weeks, then you can call Wrangler's.

I am going to call him again tomorrow to get updated information, but that is what we know at this moment.   

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

Thanks Pat I sure wanted to stay but everyone else was leaving and I just didn't want to take on the elements without any backup at all. I did have a great time seeing those who were there, and was looking forward to seeing everyone. I guess it will just have to wait a year to see everyone. I may try to get back down for a few days yet later this month.

kyfuzzyface

Thanks for the update Pat
Fuzzy

Frogman

Thanks, Pat!  Bummer!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

riverboss

I just got a call from wranglers they are up and running again. They wanted to know if i was coming back. Itold them itwas to far and thanked them they then told me i would get a complete refund even though i had spent 1 night which i thought was great.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

slagmaker

now that was nice of them.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

kyfuzzyface

I also got a call from Wranglers today, said they was sorry about the problems and they would do a full refund
Fuzzy

Frogman

Anyone hear how PAbrushwolf and his group are doing??

Jim

KySongDog

Quote from: Frogman on February 07, 2014, 06:39:41 PM
Anyone hear how PAbrushwolf and his group are doing??

Jim

I talked to Mike (PAbrushwolf) Thursday night.  They stayed at Kenlake Lodge after being evicted from Wrangler's.

He asked if I would come back down and take one of his "boys" hunting.  He had five with him and needed to split up the group.  So I packed up and went back to LBL early Friday.  I met Mike at 0630 and took Robert with me hunting for the day.  We made a few sets that morning with no luck.   Friday afternoon, a coyote responded to the call and was coming across a field (Robert was hunting with a .204 while I was hunting with a shotgun and set up inside the woods).  From my position I only saw the coyote briefly.  Robert shot at it and said he spun it around but we could find no blood.

Later around 1600 hours, we set up in some thick stuff.  A coyote appeared about 70-80 yards out.  I lip squeaked and got him headed my way when he started to circle down wind.  Through the trees and the downed limbs I finally got a shot at around 35-40 yards with half of him moving behind a log.  I knocked him down but didn't kill him.  Robert and I tracked him for at least 700-800 yards when the blood trail mysteriously quit.  We searched the entire area in ever widening circles but could find no more blood.  It was getting dark fast and we had to get out of the woods so we left.   I was going back the next morning to search some more when it snowed a couple of inches Friday night so I never recovered the coyote.  That really pissed me off!  I hate to lose an animal.  I got a room at Kenlake Lodge for Friday night. On Saturday I hunted a little while with no luck and headed back home.

Here is the last blood we found.

I talked to Mike last night and they did not see anything on Saturday.  On Thursday, Robert shot and hit a coyote but they could not find it. I think they saw 2 or 3 more while they were at LBL but were not able to connect.  They are headed home today, Sunday.

KySongDog

Coyote101 called me and said he was setting up his wall tent.  I finally found him on Saturday.  He definitely found a secluded spot.  :laf:   We talked for a while and then I left.  I'm sure Pat will have more to say when he returns today or Monday. 

Frogman

Semp,

Thanks for the update on Mike and his crew.  It was good of you to take Robert hunting.  They are a great bunch of guys!!  Hard hunters too!

Jim