• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hogs on LBL

Started by HaMeR, January 24, 2021, 12:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Copy/Paste from LBL's FAQ's. I made no changes to this. All caps were in the original Copy. I'm guessing hogs get a free pass?

When is coyote hunting available?A.A properly licensed hunter may hunt coyotes may be taken during daylight hours in any open hunting season with weapons specified for that season.  During February, center-fire rifles and handguns, and shotguns with shot size T or smaller may be used for coyotes. Nighthunting for coyotes is prohibited on LBL.Hog hunting is PROHIBITED
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Wait a few years and that will probably change.  When the hogs are overrunning everything that is.

slagmaker

I know in the Hoosier state they prefer you to not hunt them. Rather they prefer you trap them as a sounder. Hunting them breaks them up and causes more damage over a larger area. Or that was the reasoning given to me by the local DNR officer.

Pretty neat how they catch them in groups. Takes time and patience but the results are effective.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

The ones we have up here are pretty much 100% pure German:

"Feral swine have no legal game status in New Hampshire, but are considered escaped private property and may only be hunted with permission of the property owner. Since 1949, feral swine have been defined in the state as animals “Running at Large” under RSA 467:3. In southwestern New Hampshire, where the vast majority of the state's feral boar exist, they are considered the property of Blue Mountain Forest Association, a privately owned preserve located in Croydon, NH Permission is required to hunt free-ranging wild boar that escape from this property. If permission is granted (which it typically is), you will need to have a current regular NH hunting license, and you must hunt within legal hunting hours. Note that feral wild boar are limited in number and are difficult to locate without local knowledge."

They give permission because any damage that the boar cause they are liable for 💰💰💰💰.  Fascinating place : http://outsideinradio.org/shows/ep27

riverboss

They don't allow hunt to stop them from being released!
If you can hunt them people turn them loose so they can hunt them, this way they are wasting there time turning them loose!

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

pitw

Quote from: riverboss on February 04, 2021, 05:59:05 PM
They don't allow hunt to stop them from being released!
If you can hunt them people turn them loose so they can hunt them, this way they are wasting there time turning them loose!

Now there is a theory. :yoyo:
Makes a fellow think.
Until then I'll just capture or choot any I see.
Couple places around here ya gotta watch cause their hogs run a bit free :innocentwhistle: and they are good folk so I give them ones a pass.[Do think I ate one a few years back now that I think where it was caught :laf:]
I say what I think not think what I say.

riverboss

That's there take on it from the horse's mouth I talked to!
I sure hope I don't see any.
I did finally see some sign down there this yr.