• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Big female for Yote Yoda and Possumal

Started by possumal, December 17, 2011, 06:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Yote Yoda called me late yesterday afternoon, and I agreed to make a trip down to a new farm we got permission to hunt in Anderson County.  It took us longer to find the place than we thought it would, leaving with us just enough time to make one good setup.   We only had about 30 minutes of fading light left when I started doing my thing with the CS-24 and my Cronk Buffalo Horn howler, with old Yoda chiming in with his Bearmanric cowhorn howler.  We immediately got a vocal response from about 400 to 500 yards away up a long ridge.  Gave them a challenge howl back, followed up by Coyote & Fawn on the CS-24, and then switching to fawn distress with a little pup distress mixed in to spice up the deal.  Here they came busting down the ridge about as fast as two coyotes can run.  Something held them up and they started giving us what for from a thicket up the ridge.  Getting harder and harder to see, I finally get catch some movement in a small clearing next to a pond with a big cedar tree on the bank.   I ranged the tree as 270 yards, and relayed that info to Yoda.  After what seemed like ten minutes, his JP 204 AR barked and I heard a solid hit.  No sign of the other coyote even though Foxbang was screaming.  It was total dark by the time we got over the fence and up to the spot and had some trouble locating the coyote.  Finally, I walked in on a deer trail about ten yards, and there she was, one of the longest legged, slickest female coyotes I have seen in quite a while.  She had been living good, and weighed 44 lbs. on Yoda's digital scale.

Went back late today to another farm, saw one big pair, but couldn't get a shot, and then it got too dark.  Anyway, here is a picture of last evening female. 

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

centerfire_223

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Hidehunter

Denver