• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

NH unique species.

Started by nastygunz, December 30, 2020, 06:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

NH  is the only place in the world that has an arachnid that is active during the cold winter months, commonly called the Yeti Spider  :

Hawks Feather

I am guessing that it doesn't eat many mosquitoes during the winter.  So, what does it catch to eat?

Coyotes-R-Us

It eats Unicorn larva, and Atric fairies. we have a subspecies of them up north at like 10,000 feet. They are considered a delicacy and a mainstay food for Bigfoot.
They do make cool ice webs.
:naughty: :laught17: :alscalls:
old is the new young

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Coyotes-R-Us on December 30, 2020, 09:39:15 AM
It eats Unicorn larva, and Atric fairies. we have a subspecies of them up north at like 10,000 feet. They are considered a delicacy and a mainstay food for Bigfoot.

Thanks.  I was never really sure what Bigfoot, or would it be Bigfeet, eat.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Somebody went to a lot of work building that web, (the Yeti spider?) and the pic looks like it is upside down.

nastygunz

LOL :alscalls:  as for the orientation of the picture  is there really an up or a down when you are a spider?

Quote from: Coyotes-R-Us on December 30, 2020, 09:39:15 AM

nastygunz

I take it where you live doesn't have yeti mosquitoes?  :innocentwhistle:

Quote from: Hawks Feather on December 30, 2020, 08:30:13 AM
I am guessing that it doesn't eat many mosquitoes during the winter.  So, what does it catch to eat?

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on December 30, 2020, 01:02:55 PM

In our far west snowfields and glaciers, especially in Canada, we have some kind of snow flea and little tiny spiders just thick in the ice and snow in places.  I think pitw can couch for having seen them, even when he's not drinking!  Yeti spiders probably prey on the snow fleas.

pitw

Yeah I've seen spiders crawling across an ice covered slough while checking mink traps. It was at least -10F and I can remember being kinda/sorta flabbergasted by them.  Never seen the mites but have heard of them.  I ain't scared of spiders so them I can live with but if snakes ever get it figured out there is gonna be (L) to pay.
I say what I think not think what I say.

msmith

Quote from: nastygunz on December 30, 2020, 01:02:55 PM

Squatchuitoes?
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

nastygunz

If you think the flatlanders freak out over the yeti spiders you should see when they come up  here  and hook into a furbearing alligator trout!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

:innocentwhistle:🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟