• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

First cat

Started by Bob D, July 28, 2006, 06:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob D

I called this bobcat using mouth calls. We were set up on an abandoned road near several large overgrown fields. I called for several moments on a Burnham Bros call and noticed  what I thought was  rabbit moving in front of me about 30 yards. It was right at daybreak so I took a look in the scope toward the spot I thought I'de seen the rabbit. Well, the rabbit turns out to be a rather large male bobcat. I shot quick. Surprised the heck out of me. That sucker was looking to me for breakfast. The guy in the picture is my hunting buddy Stanley Frye who just graduated from medical school and is doing his Intern in Michigan around the Detroit area.
Bob

FinsnFur

Thanks for sharing that Bob.

Bobcats make great prizes when out calling.
I can remember my first cat, down in Texas hunting with Randy Watson. But they just kept coming and coming. :biggrin:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Nice Kitty Bob! :bowingsmilie:

I remember my first kitty to. It was in Ky and I shot him at 15 yards! Came in from behind be and I never new he was there, never made a sound, it was just there! Cats are hard to come by here. I take great pride in every cat I call, we haft to earn them. We just dont have many around.

I also know someone who wants a cat real BAD! :innocentwhistle: Im trying my best to put one in front of his gun! :wink:

Brent

canine

Congrats Bob, that's a nice lookin cat :congrats:

You guy's should have seen Brent after a couple of our AZ stands last year. He was a little dis-oriented from blowin a bird distress for 30 minutes non stop tryin to call in a cat for me. Unfortunately we didn't have no takers. I appreciated that Brent, sucks the cats weren't there.
This year they are in trouble, no more blowin a call for 30 minutes straight. Just hit the remote and we have our bird sounds goin. Bump...

JD

JesseB

VEry nice cat Bob. I like all the spots.

FinsnFur

First cat...it's kinda like :innocentwhistle:...ahhhh skip that. But ya never forget it. :biggrin:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JesseB

When it comes to cats I don't know if you ever forget any of them....

keekee

Ya, with out letting the cat out of the bag to much :innocentwhistle:....It will be nice to use the e-caller some! :eyebrownod:

I got wind of some cat sounds that are comming out this fall? :innocentwhistle:

Brent

Rick223

Nice lookin cats jesseB did you shoot the second one with a pistol?
If so that had to be tough.

Well ill tell you about my first cat I um er well ah well I guess I havent got one yet. :nono:
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

JesseB

Rick,

I shot the second cat was shot last night with a 204 rifle. the first one was with my ar in 223.

Brad H

Texas is paying off eh Jesse? :eyebrownod:

That's a fine looking cat and probably the best tan you've ever had. :biggrin: :yoyo:

Brad

Rick223

Still must of been a blast I would love to get one !
Good shootin. :yoyo:
Rick
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

JesseB

Thanks guy's. Brad you are probely right on the tan...lol

iraMD

That is great picture of me.  Thanks Mr. Bob

Bob D

The cat looks better than you. :roflmao:

vvarmitr

Congrats Bob! :congrats:

Thanks for the pic's guys too. :wink:

Jeb

Quote from: keekee on July 28, 2006, 07:55:34 PM
Ya, with out letting the cat out of the bag to much :innocentwhistle:....It will be nice to use the e-caller some! :eyebrownod:

I got wind of some cat sounds that are comming out this fall? :innocentwhistle:

Brent

Congrats Bob !!!   :congrats:

We almost got them running out our @ss. Just this evening about a mile from the house was a fresh road kill bobcat. We were headed out to the club to hang a stand and was in a hurry before the sun went down. I wanted to turn around and get a pic from the truck but my son was wanting to get on in the woods before dark. Anyways needless to say it was gone on our way back to the house. Brent are your sounds available yet ? I have a Minaska caller on the way in a week or two.
              Jim