• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Only had time for one stand....

Started by Arkyyoter, October 10, 2006, 11:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

I was by myself this morning.....had to go pay personal property taxes, so got a late start....

I went out 8:45 and got set up about 9:10....just as I was setting up, I see something running about 150 yards away ( south) on the other side of a fence row.....POOP!!! I think I am busted and I haven't even set up, all I have done is put out the JIB and walk to where I am going to sit....I quickly drop on my butt....throw the legs of the bipod down, grab the little proto call and do about a 15 second sad, sad bunny....it pops out right wher I thought it would.........was a about a 30 lb fawn....I watched it through the scope for a few seconds, and was about to turn back around to set up, as I turn my head, I see a very pretty male yote, about 90 yards out coming in a run...as he goes behind a hay bale I literally jerk the rifle around and get on the scope...all this takes place in 1-2 seconds...he clears the east side of the bale, I lip squeak....he stops and looks my direction, was the last thing eve never saw.....the 75 gr VMax from the little Browning hits center chest......DRT.....I quickly go into KiYi's.......nada.....then go to calling pup distress for about 10 minutes......still nothing. I go look at him and am impressd how beautiful he is...about a 30 lb dog with wonderful colors...he is a very pretty dog...

As I promised, here are a few pics of my set up...

Looking east....

Looking north...

Looking west...you can see the JIB....

Looking southwest where he ran in.....this is the bale he ran behind and dropped just on the left side....

Here he is in the field...

And a self photo ( as you can see...not very good at self photos) :)

Thanks for reading my story......going back out in a few...hope to have another post for this evening..... :grin:

Joe

Bob D

Arky,
You are as tuff on those coyotes as the razorbacks were on the tigers. Keep after em. War Eagle anyway.

FinsnFur

Good deal Joe.  :yoyo:

Ey!...who's call ya using there?  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

That's not a bad self photo.

So, your guyses coyotes eat grass down there? :biggrin:

Brad

Bob D

Arky,
What size and kind of bipod is that your using? I've been thinking of getting one but I hear so amny opinions I can't decide what to do.
Bob

Arkyyoter

That's the new Harris Bipod, Bob.....it extends to 27 inches.....little longer than most.....this is the one that swivels/pans....I like it very well so far.......

Joe

slagmaker

Nice looking country side you have there. Wish I was able to go out and do more hunting. But I have to wait till the crops are in for now.

Nice job on the yotes and I like the camo tape.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

desert dog

www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"