• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Vermont gobbler eats Fiocchi.

Started by nastygunz, May 05, 2010, 04:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

After spending the early morning in the rain in a small field with ferocious black flies  :yoyo:...things cleared up and I decided to do some running and gunning...after hitting a few spots with no success I pulled up to this field:

and let out a few caws on my Hammerin Crow call...and heard a gobble from the bottom of the field...I pulled over and strapped my runNgun belt on and grabbed the Mossberg 835 turkey cannon...I went on the other side of a treeline and stone wall running the length of the fields and snuck about halfway down the field then got in the tree line n sat down against the stone wall..broke out my Gresser long box and let out a few yelps and got a good gobble again....then I put in a Strut Raspy hen diaphragm call and did some clucking and purring..and heard a closer gobble...I went silent and waited awhile....nothing...so I yelped again with the box and the bird gobbled real close this time....I figured he was coming right up the tree line...and figured right...saw him a long ways off coming in so I raised the gun and slipped the safety off...had the bead right on him from about 60 yards out...he got to about 30 yards and was walking slow looking all over for the source of the sound...I waited till he stopped at about..25 yards and looked around again and put the green bead right under his beak and squeezed the trigger..blew his head right backwards and knocked him onto his back...Fiocci 3 1/2 magnum #5 shot...and man does that effer kick  :biggrin:...he weighed in at 19 pounds....nice bird...not a monster but a good hunt:

FinsnFur

yeh he looks bigger then 19 pounds. Nice job :yoyo:
So your not putting it in the contest?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Coulter

Way to go Nasty...dang man, everybody is shooting birds. I need to get out and get one for myself. :huh: Congrats!! :yoyo:

Hey that field kind of looks like my front yard :wo:

Steve

markTNhunter

Dave

Nice job.  Way to get after him.

Silencer

wtg Guns, lots of birds fallin in the east now  :eyebrow: :congrats:

Todd Rahm

nailbender

bambam

shaddragger

:yoyo: Good job, Gunz! I carry the 835 hammer with Federal 3 1/2 in copper-plated high velocity #5s. Nothing walks away!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Great story and a very nice bird!    :congrats:   

I had an 835 once and, yep, it does kick a little.   :eyebrownod: