• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frozen Housecats 4 sale!

Started by cathryn, June 25, 2010, 05:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

i read in the local Roane County Reporter where the animal shelter has enered into a cntract with KB Enterprises of Charlotte NC to sell all their euthanized cats for 3 bucks each if theyre over 12 inches long.

theyre supplying them with plastic bags and a freezer.they say the cats are going to be used in colleges for the students to dissect.

what do you think of this? is it a good thing or is it hypocrytical.

they said in the article that the agreement has been endorsed by the local Humane Society.

i tried to get the link but it says roanecountyreporter.net/ but i cant get the link to the paper to come up.

im sure some of the other guys on here from over there have seen the article..it made the front page and the article is titled "Frozen Cats mean cold cash for shelter"

FinsnFur

I think it'd be a pretty cool deal especially if they already came with a string on them. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

I wonder how many are going to be bought up for trapping bait? 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

weedwalker

I don't see the point in a size limit. :confused: I mean, it ain't like they're gonna git bigger if you throw the small ones back. :nono:

cathryn

thats the problem.  think about it. theres a size restriction so theyll probly just farm em till they get that big, instead of putting them down when theyre kittens.

i have no problem with the utilization of the cats..my problem lies with the restrictions cause it  basically encurages them to put animals down...animals that they might not put down under different circumstances.

if theyre gonna use them, i think they should just utilize all of them, regardless of size.

cb223

Quote from: weedwalker on June 25, 2010, 02:19:43 PM
I don't see the point in a size limit. :confused: I mean, it ain't like they're gonna git bigger if you throw the small ones back. :nono:

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: Thats funny stuff!!!!!

As I was reading the original post I imediatly started thinking BAIT. But for what there seems to be endless options!   :innocentwhistle:
CHAD

WldWldWest

I wonder if there taking donation's! Here Kitty Kitty :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

KySongDog

A dead cat is a good cat.   This is no different than selling mice for snake food except the mice are live.