• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Just call him "Mr. Lucky"

Started by WhiteHare, August 04, 2010, 08:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteHare

Once again, I had the privilege of attending the Lima Gun Collectors annual picnic with Hawk, aka Jerry.  The success of last years picnic brought twice as many participants this year. (It may have had something to do with free food and giving away 53 rifles) This year there were over 1900 people attending. For those of you who have been members for a while, you know that Jerry is involved in Defiance Fish and Game and actively supports youth activities.  Last year he submitted a grant app. to help with the Day Camp he posted pictures of here on Fins and Fir.  You guessed it, he did it again.  Albeit the amount was a bit smaller this year Defiance Fish and Game was the recipient of another grant thanks to Mr. Latta.
Now, going along with the title of this post.  As some of you know he won a rifle in last years drawing.  You guessed it, MR LUCKY did it again.  Yep he won another rifle this year.  I'll let him tell you the details.
All I know is, next year....I'm going to figure a way to switch raffle tickets with him.  Maybe that way I could be "Mr Lucky" instead of his sidekick.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

HuntnCarve

Based on my association with Mr. Latta all these years.  I think you are already "lucky" getting to spend some time with him in person.  I'm sure a lot of folks will agree.  Jerry's one of the finest.

Dave

FinsnFur

I'll second that :yoyo:

And congrats on the win Jerry, quit holding out on us :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Thanks for the good words and it is always nice to bring home another rifle.  Especially one that Becky can know about since she knows that I didn't pay anything for it.   :biggrin:   If someone wants to see a picture, just go back to last year's post that shows a Savage FV in .17 and pretend that it is the same rifle in .22LR.  Dick asked if I had shot the one from last year and I had to tell him, no.  But I did get some ammo for it in case I need to.  The .22LR ammo is already here, but it might stay in the box like last year's model.  As much as I would like to see this become a yearly event I don't think it will.

Jerry

pitw

Good things come to good people :yoyo: :yoyo:.  If'n you ain't going to use it then just give it away again :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.