• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The Princess!!!

Started by WldWldWest, March 04, 2011, 02:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

Okay....The Princess (My Daughter) wants a car right? Been driving for a bout 2 months and now she without a doubt know's everthing there is to know about driving....I told her since she was working and going to school that I would buy her a car if her grades were up to par and they are, but here's the kicker, I'm looking at car's that range from 3000-4500 buck's but what was I thinking???? She said she doesnt want to be embarrassed in an old Klunker??? Since when was a 4500 dollar car a Klunker??? I refuse to go the direction her and my darling lil wife wanna do and buy her a new one, AINT GONNA HAPPEN! I'm trying to be understanding and give her an option that most kids dont get, I'm willing to let her have some say so in the matter and help pic her own car. Unlike what I had handed to me when I was 16, Dad said heres you an Ole truck you can have to drive.....If you can get it running!!!

So this weekend is gonna be hell as me and the Anti-Christ....I mean my Daughter go shop for a car :madd: :madd: :madd:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Hawks Feather

My daughter wanted a purple car!  I said that when she paid for her own car she could buy whatever color she wanted.  Until that time she was just going to need to pretend that the car she was allowed to drive was purple.  Tell her just to pretend that she is in a hot looking new corvette or she can continue to walk.  After all, you are easy to deal with.

Jerry

Bills Custom Calls

I had to buy my old truck that didn't run and get it running
Dad did go with me and help make the deal so I didn't get hurt to  bad and I was only 15 at the time
We went to pick up the old truck and got it running drove it home and he drove it for a year before I did said he was just making sure it wasn't gonna break down or anything like that  :nono:

Yes it was a 1963 Ford pickup truck Unibody
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Tell your daughter I'm 45 and have been working since I was 14 and I have never once owned a vehicle that was good enough to be in the $3000-$4500 range, and it's definitely not a clunker range.

The most I ever paid for any vehicle was my 98 windstar van which I paid $2600 for.
She should be counting her stars that Mom and Dad are even forking over the cash for a vehicle. Not very many Mom's and Dad's would, and even fewer can afford to.
My first car (1973 Plymouth Duster) I bought with my life savings of $300 which was accumulated doing a daily paper route for years.

Man that post made me feel old.  :sad: ...Move over Bill.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

When our kids were that age, son's 22 now, daughter will be 21 on Tues, I
think we paid around $2,000 to $2500 for there cars. The agreement was we
paid for the cars they take over after that. Gas, insurance, tires, oil changes,
etc. etc. it was up to them. Teach them the "cost" of things. They were pretty
grateful. My daughter's still driving that car. Son's car blew up, and he walked
for a few years. Just recently bought a cheap one for now.
I think if my daughter was not happy with a  $4500 "clunker", she'd be walkin a couple more months!  :laf:   
Scott

FOsteology

When my Princess turned 16, the cost of the vehicle was not the main consideration and focus in our search.

First and foremost in Momma and I eyes were mechanical reliability, dependability, and safety.

nastygunz

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 04, 2011, 03:45:16 PM
Tell your daughter I'm 45 and have been working since I was 14 and I have never once owned a vehicle that was good enough to be in the $3000-$4500 range, and it's definitely not a clunker range.

The most I ever paid for any vehicle was my 98 windstar van which I paid $2600 for.
She should be counting her stars that Mom and Dad are even forking over the cash for a vehicle. Not very many Mom's and Dad's would, and even fewer can afford to.
My first car (1973 Plymouth Duster) I bought with my life savings of $300 which was accumulated doing a daily paper route for years.

Man that post made me feel old.  :sad: ...Move over Bill.

I had a Duster when I was a senior in HS bought it not running n got her going.."fixed" the tranny but never had reverse so when ever we took it out we always parked facing open space or everyone had to push it backwards lmao...I thought that was some hot rod back then though  :yoyo:

WldWldWest

Thats Funny about the Duster! I had one when I was 16 that was passed down from both of my sister's. I'd give anything If I had a pic of it! My Lil sis was rearended in it and there was no trunk at all when I got it as it was all smashed in! I did salvage the trailer hitch as it was torn off by the impact, I used clothes hangers to tie it back on with and yea I pulled my boat to the lake for year's till the body rotted away from the ol slant six, I put the moter in another old Plymouth and sold it!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

pitw

Our princess got a 1988 Dodge Ram 50 that cost $1,400 to go to college with.  It worked great until there were two months of college left, when she put a rod through the block :pout:.  I suggested she buy another vehicle but got the, "I love this truck" talk.  So I hauled it hoe and exchanged Mitsubishi engines in it which is never, ever happening again :readthis:.  She has since bought a Kia but still drives the truck for work and play that involves things like bumps and scratch's  :eyebrow:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Carolina Coyote

I hear you on the Dodge Ram Barry.  :yoyo:  :yoyo: Tell your Princess I said "ALRIGHT" CC

cathryn

my daughter has a dodge neon which she saved for and bought herself and pays all the maitenance and upkeep on.

shes 18 now and has been emplyedd for almost a year.

before that i was scared for her to have her own vehicle so she was driven to her part time job.(YES IM A WORRY WORT) when she had enough saved to buy her car and pay the insurance she bought a car.

im proud of her..she has worked hard for what she has and appreciates i think nin alot of cases more than someone who has it given to them.

im not saying theres anythign wrong with getting your child a car but n some cases that sint an option for parents.

id have gotten a truck to if i had been her..i bet she loves it.