• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Light Box

Started by WhiteHare, January 01, 2008, 08:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteHare

Just posting in case anyone else is looking  --  maybe your Meijer or Wally World or whatever is having an after Christmas sale.

Picked up a light box at Meijer.   It was on sale for $30 (they only had two left). Regularly $60
Now all I have to do is set it up in conjunction with the camera I'm still learning to use.

It came with a small table tripod (seems to be good for a smaller camera) and 2 lights that were powered by GU10-C Halogen 20 watt lamps   The background cloth is Blue on one side and Grey on the other.

Measures out to be a 16" cube and the whole thing folds up into it's own carrying case.

There ya go......

WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Braz

That's a very nice setup. I'll have to take a look at Wallys tomorrow. Dont have a Meijer out here in the Left Coast.
Braz

Hawks Feather

Whitie,

Looks like a nice set up.  Did you use it for the lanyard picture?

Jerry

FinsnFur

"The left coast"  :roflmao: 
Never quite heard it phrased that way B4  :wink:

That is a cool set up Rich. I'm wondering if that's the same set up I seen a while back at Wally's.  :confused: Seems like a Latta stuff to cram in the size box I seen though.

(Did ya catch that lil pun Yerry)
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

:roflmao:      :roflmao:      :roflmao:      :roflmao:

Mr. LattaMORE

HaMeR

Is all this ruthless posting necessary??!!

:nono: :nono:

:innocentwhistle:   :hahaha: :hahaha: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

WhiteHare

Quote from: Hawks Feather on January 01, 2008, 09:40:57 PM

Did you use it for the lanyard picture?

Yes,  it was the first picture I took.  I will need to get a battery for my light meter to help me with the proper settings.
It got a little dark in the background.  But it was passable.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

FinsnFur

Sorry Glen  :doh2:

I really like that Rich, thanks for sharing it. Heck that things big enough to take the family pics in  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Braz

I made it over to the local Wally's, here in Northern Natzifonia, and while they had it, it wasn't on sale. It was $49.95.
Braz

iahntr

I was thinkin about one of these too, looked at it at Wally World today. It was $49.95 here also. Any other opinions/feedback on this set up ?
You still likin yours WhiteHare ? Thanks, Scott
Scott

WhiteHare

Scott- 
It seems to be doing what I need it to do for now.  I am thinking about adding a light for the top.  I looked at one of the single halogen spots with a 20w bulb to match the side lights (runs about $10 with socket and everything.)  Also will probably add another color or two for the backgrounds.

Some cons:
I sometimes get shadows that I don't like.  Just have to move the product around to compensate.  I've found there isn't always room to photograph my lanyards all stretched out so I have to curl them up.  It doesn't bother me but the potential customer may not get a true picture of what they look like.

I'm still playing around with it.

Hint:  Do not get water on the material.  It may spot. (At least on the grey side) I found this out the hard way.  It had some wrinkles in it and being the kind of guy I am I figured I would use the wife's steam iron to steam them out,  right.....should have waited til she got home from work.....her iron spits water if you don't let it warm up enough and presteam something first..  :madd:
Caught heck for not knowing this....duh  :shrug:

I still think I got a pretty good deal for what I got.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

iahntr

:hahaha: Iron spittin water.  Don't know nothin bout that.  :iroll: :laf:
Right now I'm kinda leanin towards this one. It helps I have a $40.00 Walmart gift card.
I'll do a little more searchin, and have to make up my mind. I'm tired of fightin the way I'm doin it now.
Thanks again, Scott
Scott

WhiteHare

Quote from: iahntr on January 09, 2008, 09:57:19 PM
:hahaha: Iron spittin water.  Don't know nothin bout that.  :iroll: :laf:

I didn't either, but I do now.  :roflmao:
Dry cleaner lady said, "Rinse it out in the tub with mild soapy water and then clear water til soaps gone - hang to dry and that should fix it."
Gonna try that today.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Braz

OK, now I got to show you how a cheapskate goes about this light tent deal. All this can be bought at WalMart for around $20. All you need is the box, two lights, and a piece of poster board material from the craft section. That's it. Works great. And the nice thing about it is, when finished taking pictures, it all folds up nicely, with a lid to keep everything neat, orderly and clean.

Braz

Smith

That is a neat setup.

Lucas
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

Hawks Feather

I have to agree.  It does look neat and you even have a box to carry it in.  The only problem I can see if you start wanting to shoot larger things, but it should work great for calls. 

Jerry

WhiteHare

I don't have a lot of money to throw away either.

I have one I made out of PVC pipe and parachute nylon fabric.
It works well also.  It was just a little bulky to carry "on site" to where I take some pictures. And it was not expensive.

This one folds up nicely and is very compact.  (And I don't think $10 more than you spent is extravagant [my words not yours].)

16 x 16

approx. 4" thick

There are many variations that one could use I'm sure......

WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com