• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Old Chuck's hard to find male

Started by possumal, January 24, 2009, 08:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

My advanced "Student" Chuck Mattingly stopped by my house this afternoon. He had received a call from the farmer where he hunted late day before yesterday, asking him when he was going to come out and get that dead male out of his pasture. Chuck made a post over on the Ky. Hunting Forum telling the whole story, how he got tired of hearing this yote barking at him but not responding and coming to his calling.  What really pissed him is that this old male was doing all this about a 100 yds from Chuck's truck, but Chuck was up in a tree stand some 220 yds away.  It was nearly dark, and he tried the shot, and thought he missed.  Overall, I would have to say I am real proud of Chuck's advancement in coyote hunting, as he has now killed over 40 since I started working with him in February of 2008.  I can't teach him to find those dead yotes after dark though, so maybe I'll have to train him a tracking dog (lol). I would like to tell you he shot this big old male's eye out at 219 yards, but the critters took his eye out sometime since Chuck popped him, probably a crow from the looks of it. Other than that, his pelt was fine other than the 22-250 entry hole right where the neck meets the shoulder.  He is now officially graduated from coyote school, as this deal tops it all. Here is a picture of the male who weighed around 38 lbs.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff