• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Old picture of my first trout ever.

Started by nastygunz, January 24, 2015, 11:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

HaHa!! I've done that before when I read that it was like a flash back in time!

JohnP

Schlitz, sure does bring back some memories, not all good.  If you seen the old John Wayne movie "Green Beret" do you remember the young Sgt who was the scrounger?  I think every A Team had one and our team had one of the best.  At least once every month we would send him out on a mission - find use something to make our lives more pleasant in a very unpleasant environment, he never failed, except once.  He had sent him out on a scrounging mission and he had been gone for about two days when we got a call on our secure line.  Seems he got hooked up with some guys from a rather large supply depot who wanted to do some trading.  A pallet of beer for some genuine VC black pajamas, crossbows and NVA Flags plus some other things.  We told him to seal the deal we had all the stuff he needed, said he would be back to base camp tomorrow with the beer then fly back to Nha Trang with the "souvenirs."  Following day about daybreak we heard the chopper coming in with a pallet swinging under it.  We were ecstatic - that is until we pulled the cover off the pallet and found it was Schlitz.  We did keep the beer but it lasted forever.  Terrible stuff, even in a war zone.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Dave

JohnP

Thanks Dave, got more Army stories than I could ever tell.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

I was fully expecting to see a coelacanth here... :alscalls:

nastygunz

I don't think our brook outback has the water depth they need  :innocentwhistle: