• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

iPhone or Android?

Started by FinsnFur, December 24, 2015, 07:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

You may have noticed the Tapatalk signature in my posts hopping  around the week. Sent from this phone, then that phone, then another phone.
I tried an iphone for a few days earlier this week as our phone contract  allowed me to do so rather cheaply when we upgraded our phones.

I've never been so aggravated over a device like that in my life. Why do people  want iphones? I couldn't get it to do a single thing I wanted it to do. All my business and hosting profiles etc are linked through Google. It just makes better SEO. IPhone wants nothing to do with Google. All accounts had to be migrated icloud or iTunes or some crap. Fine if they work...but only a few did.

Storage? Let's face it. The icloud is a literal nightmare. It's own developers don't even give it much love and call it a work  in process. Upload your contact list to the cloud or merge them an many lose their contacts as a result. Upload your photos as a backup...."there's been an error". Or better yet..."backup complete". Log in to the  cloud and walaa no back up. The rep at the store even confirmed that it's just  the way the iCloud is sometimes.

My personal opinion...is that the iPhone was built around simplicity. Built for a generation that thrives on social media, selfies, facetime, and pictures and very very basic email functions . It's very good at those things and prematurely simple to use. But for real life productive tasks....like business mail, accessing backed up images an files from 3rd party sources, or even creating backups, logging in and out of different accounts to perform things....I don't feel the iPhone is for that. Not at all.
Heck you can't even get rid of or disable the apps they cram the phone full of that you know you will not use.

Iphones are cookie cutter phones. They're all the same an they all do the same thing. And forget trying to set the phone up to do things how you want them done. You'll do them like iPhone wants you to do them or you won't do them.

Android on the other hand let's you disable and or remove apps you don't want. It let's you arrange things on the screens if you want, to be most productive. You can even use widgets to display information from apps without  opening them just to name a few things. He'll I can navigate through my TV channels with my android as a remote without downloading a thing. lol seriously.

I took the iPhone back two days later and told the guy, I can't do this. I said it's such a simple phone it's utterly useless. I need my android back. He laughed an said I told the gang you'd probably be back just cause you were going from Android to iphone. Not many people do lol.

So what do you FnFrs use? And why
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

My burner (TracPhone) doesn't have any of those problems.   :biggrin:

Now this is coming from a Mac user, not an iPhone user, but I really like iCloud.  I can sync my desktop, laptop, iPad, and iPod with no problems at all.  Never tried it with a phone, but for my computer type machines it is great.

Jerry

pitw

I use a phone connected to the wall.  It's plenty smart enough for me. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Knowing your a Mac Man Jerry I was curious to hear from you. Thats interesting. Now I wonder if it's just an iphone thing.
Barry, you make a very good point :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

I prefer Android phones I buy mine off of amazon and for the money you can't beat a blu  they make the electric cigarette.
For $125.00 its like a galaxy 5-6 we have 3 of them and run straight talk with them.
Everyone at work has I phones the batter life is horrible but they have had at@ t for so long they are getting unlimited everything for cheap.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Tikaani

Android hands down. Just the ability to attach thumb drives, install SD cards to increase capacity is enough for me. Cannot stand all of Apple's proprietary software.
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

pitw

Quote from: Tikaani on December 25, 2015, 12:50:43 AM
Android hands down. Just the ability to attach thumb drives, install SD cards to increase capacity is enough for me. Cannot stand all of Apple's proprietary software.

That scares me. :sad3:
I say what I think not think what I say.

johnoh

I don't like iPhones eithier. We have them at work and have a hard time getting it to do what I want. So mostly I use my android.

HaMeR

Never used an i-phone so can't elaborate. My Droid Razr4 is now 5 or 6 yrs old & has been flawless for the way I use it. Also kicked verizon to the curb  :yoyo: :yoyo: & went with straight talk to save,, I think,, $89/month.

And I believe you when you say the i-phones are best suited for social media. That's what my Daughter uses!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

slagmaker

Samsung note5 is what I use. BUT I wish I could just go back to a land line and take all this techno cap and trash it.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Carolina Coyote

Samsung Galaxy S5 for me . It took a little while to get use to but will do anything i need.

JohnP

Quote from: pitw on December 24, 2015, 09:28:01 PM
I use a phone connected to the wall.  It's plenty smart enough for me. :yoyo:

Amen Brother!
When they come for mine they better bring theirs