• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

ULTIMATE FIGHTING

Started by nastygunz, January 11, 2009, 06:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Ok whose your pick for the super fight showdown between BJ Penn and Georges St. Pierre?...im going with GSP I think hes way to much for Penn to handle....so place your bets gentlemen and lady(Cathryn)...  :yoyo:

pitw

I'd rather read a bad book than watch that stuff.
I say what I think not think what I say.

iahntr

OH come on Barry  :laf: :laf:

:yoyo:                :yoyo:
I'm gonna have to go with St. Pierre too,
although my picks haven't been very good lately.  :nono:
Scott
Scott

topdawg

i got my money on BJ hes at the top of his game ....no dout  BJ BJ BJ BJ PEEEEEN!!!!!!!!! :thumb2: :yahoo: :corn:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Coulter

I'll take Georges St. Pierre too...one of my waterfowling buddies just won the amateur title fight in the Cleveland area a few weeks ago. He is in the process of getting his first pro fight set up now.

Don't worry Barry...my wife doesn't understand why I watch that stuff either :wink:

Steve

pitw

You guy's go ahead and enjoy.   Growing up out here on the farm, working oil rigs, traveling with bikers and being a bar rat I got to see many of these in an impromtu situation.  I like reading now.

nastygunz

Is any book bad?.... :wink:...im a big fan of Penn n GSP....Penn whupped Sean Sherk with the most basic weapon in any boxers arsenal..the jab....the mma boys are light years behind pro boxers when it comes to striking...Penn learned to jab and dominated Sherk...in their first fight GSP squeaked out a split decision over an out of shape Penn....so now Penn is in shape and GSP is not the same fighter he was back then..much better..should be a helluva fight but I just think GSP has to many physical skills for Penn...we shall see.

nastygunz

Pitw.....I would respectfully point out the difference between what you refer to having seen and a sanctioned sport is the rules.....that govern the conduct of the participants....as in the difference between a fist fight in a bar and a boxing match in a ring....one is a crime and one is the "sweet science"...of course I like reading also  :biggrin:

pitw

Governments ban books for being "bad" so by those rules yes there is a bad book.  The "sweet science" of boxing under regulated rules gave you the last heavy weight title fight between the ear bitee and the big Russian.  Wasn't that wonderful?  What I witnessed was life and the rules that govern it,  which taght me to watch the guy making the rules.

pitw

nastygunz

YOU SURE SEEM INTERESTED FOR SOMEBODY WHOSE NOT INTERESTED !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"2009 is not even two weeks old, and already anticipation   
is building for the fight many are calling not only the fight of the year, but the fight of the decade, as UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre meets UFC lightweight champion BJ Penn in a rematch at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on January 31st.

It's the type of fight that needs no introduction to true fight fans, but by the same token, it's also the kind of showdown that can introduce new fans to the sport as its being waged at its highest level."

FinsnFur

I can't stand that WWF and WWE garbage, too hyped up and wayyyyyy to fake.
But man I love watching that Ultimate Fighter.

They had  PPV Championships on this weekend, but they wanted $99 bucks to view it. I said, no thanks. :nono:
So who won anyway?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

I have to admit I like the UFC as well.  I dont watch it all the time but ocassionallyl.

nastygunz

I like it and the fighters are high level athletes....if not they wouldnt be in the UFC....takes a lot of balls to step in the ring or octagon and Penn and St.Pierre are on a different level then most of the other fighters. Jimbo, fight result links for the last event: http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventdetail.fightCard&eid=1782,

and I also like the UFC because they do a LOT of work and fundraising for our wounded soldiers....so they have my respect for that alone, although I find it pretty goddamn sad that they have to raise money to build a center for veterans...why isnt our wonderful goverment building it for THEIR vets?....maybe they need more money to send overseas for foreign aid?....GRRRRRRRR :argh:
--------------------------------------

"UFC® Fight for the Troops" Raises Over $4 Million for Fallen Heroes Fund

Money Will Go Towards National Intrepid Center of Excellence for Traumatic Brain Injury (NICoE)

New York, New York – Spike TV and Ultimate Fighting Championship® today announced that its "UFC Fight for the Troops" event last week in Fayetteville, NC in front of 15,000 Ft. Bragg troops raised over $4 million for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund's new medical center to be built in Bethesda.

According to Bill White, President of the IFHF, UFC and Spike TV should be applauded for their efforts. "We are profoundly grateful to the UFC and Spike TV for their extraordinary support of our nation's Wounded Warriors," White said. "Their efforts have moved us that much closer to complete the traumatic brain injury center in Bethesda for the service members that are fighting for our freedom overseas."

According to the ratings, 2 million viewers watched the fight live on Spike TV and was one of the most watched programs that night, highly popular with male viewers.

nastygunz

pitw, arent you from Canada?.... :eyebrow....89% !...that makes a statement for sure !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec-22-2008

GSP Named Sportsnet's 2008 Canadian Athlete of The Year

It wasn't even close. After garnering   
89% of the votes from fans, UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre was named Sportsnet.ca's 2008 Canadian Athlete of The Year.

pitw

Yes nasty I'd be from Canada and I've never been to Sportsnet.ca just like 98% of our population.  Like I said go ahead and enjoy it.  I would sooner watch the cooking channel if I had to watch TV as it might teach me something.  I have watched the girl's beach volley ball but that got boring too.  I'm afraid I don't have time on this earth to be entertained by people that think I should buy everything they advertise just to entertain me.  I'd rather spend my time learning way's to keep my money for more important pursuit's like [in case you haven't noticed] coyote hunting/fishing/teaching my children, food preperation and a host of others.  Please let us know who won and if the Canadian is from Quebec I'm cheering for the other guy. 

wv_yoter

I like them both, but I think Penn wins this one. :yoyo:
Jason

nastygunz

GSP is indeed a Quebecer so Ill put you down for BJ BJ BJ Pennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Who's Bill White? You mean Dana White?
If not, I wonder if they are related?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com