• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Added a little upgrade on the kayak...

Started by centerfire_223, September 06, 2017, 03:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

Getting old sucks, my shoulders started bothering me paddling my kayak. So I decided to perform a little upgrade on it.

I got to take it out this past weekend and it performs like a dream. Wish I would have done it a long time ago.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on September 06, 2017, 03:53:16 PM
Very nice!

Yes! 

I keep thinking of adding an electric motor to my kayak.  You really did a nice job on yours.

Here in BC if I add a motor then it is counted as a power vessel and subject to the same laws as a 200 horse cabin cruiser.  I would have to take a course and then a test to get an operator's license, plus register the boat as if it were a big Boston Whaler.  So far, I have passed on the motor though I have an electric that I was set to cut down and install much like yours.  It would let me go upstream in the mighty Fraser River, so that I could hook a fish from a mid river gravel bar, follow it in the boat to fight it and go back upriver to my starting point. 

nastygunz

Good point, do you have to register it now? Did you rig up those steering cables? Pretty neat set up!

slagmaker

Very clean setup.

I am the same here in the Hoosier state. Any motor means registration and that means more money out of pocket.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

centerfire_223

Yes I had to title it and put numbers on it, just like with a big boat. That only cost me $40 and a trip to Columbia.

I had engineered the steering when I put the rudder on it a couple of years ago. It steers with my feet, and the next addition is going to be installing a clicker like you unlock your truck doors with. I will then be able to set the speed to what I want but turn it off and on without having to sit down and run the motor itself. I do most of my bass fishing standing up. So that will just be a convenience factor for me.

I have added a couple of more niceties since I took the picture. I added a 7" riser to the seat to take some of the pressure off of my hips, when sitting flat down. I kept getting a cramp in my hip, but that took care of that problem. I also added a Hummingbird  graph and a bass boat seat. I will take some more pictures of the latest upgrades in a day or two and post them.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Okanagan

FinsnFur

Pretty slick. Your going to have so many toys on it pretty soon, you will have been better off with a glitter sparkle Lund bass boat.  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

Jim that could be but the only difference is I will have $1000 in mine instead of $50,000.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: centerfire_223 on September 10, 2017, 07:59:57 PM
Jim that could be but the only difference is I will have $1000 in mine instead of $50,000.

Hey, it is only money and you are worth it.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

centerfire_223

I just can't convince my wife I am worth $50,000 for a boat.   :biggrin:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Hawks Feather

Quote from: centerfire_223 on September 18, 2017, 05:46:59 AM
I just can't convince my wife I am worth $50,000 for a boat.   :biggrin:

But if you have a life insurance policy she might have a $50,000 boat when she cashes in your policy.  See, it is just how you look at things.   :wo:

Jerry