• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ladner Yellow Blackmouth Cur pups

Started by possumal, February 12, 2008, 09:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvarmitr

canine

Just seen this Al, Lookin forward to gettin the pup..I hear from alot of people them Ladners are the best cur dogs around.

JD

possumal

The one Weedwalker got has turned the whole training thing around.  Ed didn't want to leave him outside as he doesn't have a kennel, and "Max" started off by biting his toe.  Then instead of Ed breaking him to go outside to do his business, Max has taught Ed how to act.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:  They are seriously smart pups for sure.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Bopeye

Quote from: canine on March 18, 2008, 04:27:23 PM
Just seen this Al, Lookin forward to gettin the pup..I hear from alot of people them Ladners are the best cur dogs around.

JD

:wo: :confused: I reckon they are as good as any cur around....... :wink: :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

canine

Dunno. :shrug:....That's what I was told, don't know from first hand account and have no reason not to believe what I was told. Luckily, I'll get to see first hand.

JD

Bopeye

possumal

I'm still having trouble figuring out whether or not to call this one male "Bopeye", after Bopeye's warning about what his eating habits, etc. will likely be with that name.  :roflmao: :roflmao:  Somehow, he just seems like a Bopeye, built like a tank and a strong disposition.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

weedwalker

JD, I think you and Brent will both be pleased with your pups. I know I was. These are some smart pups. Like Al said, I don't have a kennel, and it's still too small to put on a chain, so I have it in the house for now. The 1st day I had it home I was able to train him to "go" on a puppy pad. He hits it every time. Now I just have to get him to go to the door for his buisiness. :eyebrownod:

Ed

vvarmitr

I no longer have curs in the house.  :rolleye:  They'll find who the weak link is & rule over 'em.  Also when they want out to do their business .... ZOOM ... they have other business on their minds & the first business can be done on the run.  :laf:  These dogs want to hunt! They'll love ya to pieces, but when there's a chance to hunt .... ZOOOOOOM!  :eyebrownod:

Silencer

Everyone's got or will have a cur, kinda feeling left out with my lab  :nono: 

JD, take some pic's of your pup, would love to see it.

possumal

Just an update for all interested.  Brent came down today and picked up his little female and J.D.'s little male.  They are so anxious to bond with you, but damned if they didn't  almost lock Brent out of his own truck.  They managed to push one of the door locks down, and could have got to the other one if we hadn't moved quick.  It would have been downright embarassing to have to call "Popalock" to get into your own truck, locked out by two pups you were going to take home and care for.  They are natural tree dogs, so I guess that was their effort at treeing a KeeKee.  :roflmao: :roflmao:

P.S.  A fellow named Chris Coffman came this morning from Casey County and bought one of the males.  So that leaves 1 male to sell, all others spoken for.  He is a dandy too.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

keekee

They were good on the long ride home! Stayed in the seat and slept all the way till I stopped for dinner! Got them home and gave them a bath, played some and now they are sleeping at my feet!

I think I have a new love for sure! This little female is so sweet! I see me and her spending allot of time in the field! And she will make a fine trolling dog!

Al,

Thanks so much for your hospitality! I enjoyed the visit! And we will sure do it again! Your one of a kind! And I thank you much!

I will get some pic's up soon!

Brent

Bopeye

I was reading a new book I got on squirrel dogs today and came across an interesting tidbit. Either most Original Mtn. Cur owners don't know it or don't want to know it.....not sure which.  :confused: :huh:
It seems that the founder of the Original Mtn. Cur, Mr. Dewey Ledbetter, use to hunt with Black Mouth curs as far back as 1912. It didn't say whether or not they were Ladner, but it did call them Yellow colored, black mouth curs....... :shck: Just thought it was interesting and that I would share.  :wink:

keekee

I got the pups out this morning for a couple Hrs. Thought I would share a few pictures. They seem to be pretty smart and pick up fast. I got two coyote hides froze. I layed one out today, I will start working with them in the morning with the hide. I will take a few more pic's then.

Brent

KySongDog

Very nice pups! 

I wish I had room for one. 

Semp

keekee

Thanks Semp! Man I am so pumped about working with this dog!  :biggrin:

JD better hurry up and pick up the male or he might just stay here....lol.... :innocentwhistle:

Brent

Silencer

Beautiful Pups Brent, thanks for sharing.   Them pic's I'm calling double trouble  :biggrin:

possumal

Great pictures Brent.  It pleases me more than I can say that you are wrapped up in them so strong.  They want to bond with you something awful, with the only stronger emotion being wanting to hunt.  J.D. ain't going to let you pirate that male (lol).  That picture of them sleeping is too good.  A fellow from Casey County, Chris Coffman, came up after you left and bought one of those really good looking males.  He was torn between getting him or that other real good looking female, but he finally settled on the male.  That night he called me and said he had worried about not getting that female all day, and wanted to know if I would let him have her.  I told him I would be glad to take the male back and give him the female, but he said, "No, I want to buy her too", and he came today and got her.  Had his daughter with him and that darned male pup was in the front seat of the truck with them, and there they went out the driveway with both of them.  So that leaves the two males, and I guess I'll just keep both of them and train them. My grandson, Josh, has a great place to keep them down in Mercer County and he will help me out a lot with them.  He raises Labs now but he is really turned on to yote hunting.  Keep me posted on those special little rascals.  :highclap: :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

weedwalker

Quote from: keekee on March 22, 2008, 08:30:20 PM
I think I have a new love for sure! This little female is so sweet! I see me and her spending allot of time in the field! And she will make a fine trolling dog!

I know how you feel Brent. These are some great pups and I'm glad I got one too. I'm looking forward to getting him out in the woods. :biggrin:

Ed

canine

Don't forget weedwalker.....4 o'clock and 8 o'clok....... :innocentwhistle:  :biggrin:  :roflmao:

For those wandering what the hell I'm talkin about..........I'll let Weedwalker explain....LOL... :eyebrow:

JD