• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I need a dog like this.

Started by Bopeye, June 27, 2008, 04:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

I need a dog that can pull me to the hunting areas. Get a load of this guy. A fifty pound dog pulling 7475lbs, 149x his body weight!!!
I gotta get me another Pit Bull. I believe that pull took place in Hickory, NC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKEJDirZ39M&feature=related
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

tipmover

What a powerhouse. Those Pitt's are tough to beat on the pull line. Always good to see them used in a positive manner!!

Bopeye

Yep. Most abused and misaligned breed on the planet.  :sad:

cb223

Quote from: Bopeye on June 27, 2008, 04:33:12 PM

I need a dog that can pull me to the hunting areas. Get a load of this guy. A fifty pound dog pulling 7475lbs, 149x his body weight!!!

That really is amazing but do you really think he could pull you?   

Sorry Bop but I just couldn't hold it back.    :wink:  :wink:
CHAD

Silencer

I hit the link before reading and thought it was a Pit.  Very muscular dogs.  Hats of to him/her !!!

Wonder how a Boxer would do, they have some good upper body strength as well ???

Bopeye

Quote from: cb223 on June 27, 2008, 08:55:01 PM
Quote from: Bopeye on June 27, 2008, 04:33:12 PM

That really is amazing but do you really think he could pull you?   

Sorry Bop but I just couldn't hold it back.    :wink:  :wink:

Now CB, You know you earned this one...........right?  :eyebrownod:

BITE ME!!!   :biggrin: :wink:

Bopeye

Quote from: Silencer on June 27, 2008, 10:31:54 PM
Wonder how a Boxer would do, they have some good upper body strength as well ???

I don't know Silencer, but I bet they would do pretty good. My brother in law has one and it is powerful.

DirtyDog

Quote from: Bopeye on June 27, 2008, 08:22:07 PM
Yep. Most abused and misaligned breed on the planet.  :sad:

I was thinkin the same thing when I saw that clip.

tipmover

Quote from: Silencer on June 27, 2008, 10:31:54 PM

Boxer's would be decent pulling weight, but the Pitts have a lower center of gravity . The shorter legs gives them a better mechanical advantage over long legged dogs.

alscalls

:highclap: :congrats: :yoyo:Way to go CB!!!.........You got a BITE ME all by yourself......... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

cb223

Quote from: alscalls on June 28, 2008, 01:21:44 PM
:highclap: :congrats: :yoyo:Way to go CB!!!.........You got a BITE ME all by yourself......... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

YEA!!! I'm kinda proud of that  :biggrin:

This is an interesting thread. Other than sled dogs, I've never heard of pulling dogs.  I must have a bit to much yankee in me.
CHAD

Bopeye

Not at all CB. Pit bull weight pulling contests are more popular in the Northwest then followed by the Northeast. Seems like the yanks like it better than the rebs do, which is quite perplexing.  :confused:

I like the idea of it because you aren't dependant on anything else but how you and your dog perform.  :biggrin:

Squirrel dog, coon dog, rabbit dog competitions are all dependent on how much game there is where you are drawn out. How unbiased or biased the judge is, etc. You can get caught up in a lot of homecooking and politics with these competitions.

With these IWPA weight pulls it's cut and dry. Break it down into weight classes and see who's dog pulls the most.
JUDGES DON'T determine who the winner is, the DAWGS DO.  :yoyo:

I'm seriously looking into it. Be good exercise training them and who could want a better hunting partner than a pit bull covering your back.  :eyebrow:

alscalls

I think the rebs added a twist with larger loads................. :innocentwhistle:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

misfire

A match and a little kerosene and I could get a cat to do that too :roflmao:
#1700 God's Speed my brother

nastygunz

Ive always loved pit dogs, had my first one when i was 16, jet black, named her Petunia  :biggrin:....but ill tell you what she was no Wallflower haha....I had a little female named Snakebite, and never needed a car or house alarm with her around....in fact, Id feel sorry for anyone who broke in with her and her BIG blue Georgia pit buddy MadMax in the house. MadMax, best dog I ever had, absolute tank...people use to ask me if I was juiicng him up on steroids...Ill have to post a pic...he used to pull tractor tires, break tethers made for calves, chew on 2x4's and retrieve boulders  :yoyo:....his daddy, Gator, was the kind of dog people would walk out back to the kennels, see him, freeze into place and go OH---MY----GOD!....Max was a pig dog too, would nail em n hold em. Ive been thinking real hard about another dog, either a pitbulldog or a dogo argentino, thems some BaddAzz dogos...of course  :highclap:some beagles, and a pointer and a lab......

Bopeye

The only problem is the cost of the liability insurance to have them on your place.  :rolleye:

Talk about a friggin racket!!!  :madd:

nastygunz

We dont have that up here in hillbilly land....but you really do have to be careful, if any dog bites someone you can get in trouble but if its a pitdoggie u can just bend over in court and kiss your ass-ets goodbyeeeeeee :noway:

nastygunz

This is my old pitdog, he was a brute, here he was dressed up as a biker for a town parade  :biggrin:, checkout that slab of jaw muscle sticking out :wink: