• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Freezing summer sausage.

Started by riverboss, December 07, 2016, 05:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

Ok ! I'm wanting to freeze some summer sausage and keep it for a good length of time. What should I wrap it in to freeze it that won't freezer burn?
What are some methods you guys use to store things like this?

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Hawks Feather

My wife uses freezer paper for meat that is going in the freezer for a month or so, but it gets vacuum sealed if it is going in for an extended time.

Jerry

Coulter

You can freeze it in my belly :innocentwhistle: It should keep there for a spell...

FinsnFur

The only meat I store for an extended time is fish. And all my fish is submerged in bags of water and froze that way. I Never have freezer burnt fish.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

I may have to try vacuum sealing it. I tried aluminum foil it didn't work.
Steve you ain't right my friend!!

centerfire_223

We have a company here that makes the plastic wrap like what they would use to wrap meat at the super market. Well, we got a roll of the end pieces and what I do is pull off about 24 feet and roll it up in that. It puts about 8-10 layers around the meat. I have had shrimp in there for a year with no problem. You could use that, works for us.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

slagmaker

I have vacuum sealed it with no problems.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: centerfire_223 on December 08, 2016, 04:18:36 AM
We have a company here that makes the plastic wrap like what they would use to wrap meat at the super market. Well, we got a roll of the end pieces and what I do is pull off about 24 feet and roll it up in that. It puts about 8-10 layers around the meat. I have had shrimp in there for a year with no problem. You could use that, works for us.

Shrimp don't last that long at my house.    :eyebrownod:

Jerry

riverboss

I want to make about 40 lbs at one time and eat it over the whole yr.
Shrimp won't make it to the freezer at my house!

centerfire_223

My cousin runs a wholesale seafood place, so we buy them 50 pounds at a time. They normally last me close to a year.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

How long does it take to get the shrimp out of 24' of plastic wrap? I mean is it something you have to prep for at the beginning of the week for Fridays fish fry?  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

For many years we have wrapped sausage air tight in plastic self sealing wrap and keep for a year in freezer, though experts say sausages and smoked items lose flavor after 6 months in freezer.   A moose can make a lotta sausage.   We cut long log sausages into three or four sections and wrap separately because a whole log is usually more than we want thawed at one time.