• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

AARP

Started by Silencer, March 11, 2009, 07:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

I'm reading and hearing they're anti-gun, any of yall members ?

Hawks Feather

I have it, but not because I joined, but because it came with a retired membership in an association I like to keep current with.  They have not had any outright bashing of guns, but they sure lean to the left.  Some of the stories and things they support are just stupid - like one guy in CA that worked in the movie industry and had been getting over a quarter million a year (wasn't a big star) and now that he has gotten older he is not getting the parts that he did in the past and is going to have to go on welfare and could end up losing his couple of million dollar house.  I had to send in on that one that if he would have saved (and bought a smaller house) when he was bringing in the big bucks he would have done fine.  The fact that he was stupid was not everyone else's fault nor should I need to pay his welfare so that he could continue to live in his big house.  Sell the house, move away from CA, and get a REAL job.  I never heard back from AARP.  Just crap like that.  I am not in favor of age discrimination, but if the movie industry wants 20 and 30 somethings then this guy should have been smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall as he became 55.  This was before the election.  Now he would probably qualify for a mortgage reduction grant and a stimulus.   :shck: