• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

"tin whisles"

Started by 5 SHOTS, March 25, 2010, 08:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 SHOTS

Someone was kidding me a while back about making "tin whisles" on my lathe.
I was told to post a pic so here goes. I am pretty sure these are all spoken for, but there will be more coming soon.

There are 2 coarse knurled, 2 fine knurled and 2 polished. They are all voiced cottontail (because i havent learned to tune them yet). I would also like to thank  Bills Costom Calls, pitw, Jimmie in Ky, Palegroe and a few others for their help.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Todd Rahm

They look perty cool Art. Kinda like the casings from the HE .338 rounds I was using.  :biggrin:  And from the looks of it, ya could slip some sort of tubing over the mouth pieces for the cold climate areas.  ;yes;

Bills Custom Calls

I didn't help much just answered a couple questions

Art these are all you buddy and look good also  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

I thought those knurled ones were nice Art!! Those two polished beauties are eye candy!! I likes em!!  :biggrin:♦
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

John_NY

Real sharp looking. I like the polished ones alot.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

JohnP

If'n your keeping a list, I'd like to be on it for one each coarse knurled. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Those do look good.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Nice job Art !!  :yoyo: 
Cool to see somethin different too.  :congrats:
Scott

slagmaker

Now that is something diffrent. I like it.

What is the metal that you used for them?
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Palegroe

Looks good Art.  Glade we could help but the CREDIT goes to the guy turning the knobs.    :congrats:  :congrats:  :congrats:
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

alscalls

FANTASTIC!!!!   I LOVE em!   :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

Now how about a .50 BMG howler...... :eyebrow:  :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Yotehntr

:highclap: Very cool Art! I like 'em!  :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

LORDDAL

Hey Art now them look strangely familure hmmmmm :eyebrow: :biggrin: and yeah they look just as AWSOME as mine  :yoyo:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Jimmie in Ky

Looking real good there Art. We just answered questions by our own experiences with various projects. I am glad they helped out some. You did all the work. Jimmie

5 SHOTS

Quote from: slagmaker on March 25, 2010, 11:31:12 PM
What is the metal that you used for them?

Now I was sure I had mentioned that they are made from 3/4 in aluminum round stock.  :shrug: :biggrin:

Quote from: LORDDAL on March 26, 2010, 03:54:46 PM
Hey Art now them look strangely familure hmmmmm :eyebrow: :biggrin: and yeah they look just as AWSOME as mine  :yoyo:

The shine goes away fast doesn't it?
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

LORDDAL

Quote from: 5 SHOTS on March 26, 2010, 06:44:34 PM

Quote from: LORDDAL on March 26, 2010, 03:54:46 PM

The shine goes away fast doesn't it?
well mine still shine real nice but thats how I like em going to be packin them with me tomorrow as Logan and I head out to see if we can find old wiley or a few ground grizz
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff