• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

"The Chase"....

Started by HuntnCarve, March 01, 2007, 07:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Here's a cow horn howler that I finished up last night.  I'm trying a couple of new things to try and raise the bar for myself, so to speak.  Trouble is, what's in my mind, and the cow horn, don't always cooperate!  This howler has already been sold.  I did a few others that I'll maybe post at another time for sale?  Don't want to bore folks with my follies. LOL!  Thanks for looking!

Dave

BryanStanley

Dave
as always your work is simply amazing.

ninthinning

Your work keeps getting better.  Thanks for sharing!
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Hawks Feather

I was looking for a place to vote on this call and seeing none, I just don't know how I feel about it.  I really think it should come here, but since it is already taken that can't happen. I was thinking of that poor deer that is just out of reach of the critter.  But then I though how hungry that critter probably is and that it needs to eat.  I was just starting to think of something else when I thought that it was time for my meds!   :shck:  (Just kidding - no meds, just coffee.) 

Dave,

As always, you have done an outstanding job on both the call and the carving.  You may not think of yourself as an artist, but you certainly are talented.

THO Game Calls

Man, I have had that very same dream, sitting in my tree stand during deer season and getting a two for -

That is just wonderful.   I think it might be time for you to enter one in the CCAA Fancy Call Contest in St Charles.   They think predator hunters are all hacks LOL   You would surely set them back on their heels.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Member - Custom Call Makers & Collectors Guild & Call Makers & Collectors Association of America
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

MattS

I am constantly amazed by your work.  Beautiful.

FinsnFur

Quote from: HuntnCarve on March 01, 2007, 07:09:16 AM

to try and raise the bar for myself, so to speak.

Quote from: HuntnCarve on March 01, 2007, 07:09:16 AM

Don't want to bore folks with my follies. LOL!  Thanks for looking!

You have got to be kidding me Dave.  :sneer:
For someone to be bored with your work would have to mean they are much better then yourself at what you are doing, and have gone beyond ...and honestly I haven't seen it yet.  :nono:
Keep it up
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CypressSlough

FNF is right Dave. You are a true artist at work. Keep them coming so we have something to strive for. I know I never get bored with your work and am always looking forward to seeing more. Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

keekee

Dave,

I can only wish I could carve like that! Outstanding work!

Brent

HuntnCarve

Folks, all I can say is "Thank you" for the kind words, and encouragement you've provided.  I'm still learning as I go.  Brad H said something a while back about "wishing one could get back some of their early works in the way of calls."  I find that so true.  But I guess in a way, those first calls layed the foundation that we build on today?  Just have to move forward and test yourself.  I myself need to learn "patience".  I'll start a call and work like a fiend to complete it.  Then once its done, I'll look back on it and see things I could have done to have made it better.  So hopefully the next one will benefit from what I learned on the predecessor.  One of these days I'll enter something in a competition?  When that time comes, it's going to be something that will make us "hacks" LOL! proud.   So bear with me.  In the meantime, it is truly an honor to receive compliments on this board by the finest predator "Call Makers" to come along.  Thanks to all!
Dave

Fireball221

Dave,
I agree with Al and I am proud to own a few of your earlier calls and I won't give them up without a fight.  Love your work and appreciate your talent!!!