• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

"Turkey Call Guild"

Started by Todd Rahm, April 07, 2007, 04:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Well its official I no longer support the "guild".    :pout:

While I was hoping it would take a turn for the better, and I encouraged a few of ya to join, I'm really eat'n crow over this deal. So I'm sorry if I asked ya join and ya did.  :huh:

Seems the Chief Indian of the guild wears a head dress of turkey feathers, and there doesn't appear to be any of his warriors that can sway him one way or the other. I attempted to help get predator calls in the door, but I was just shined on, and I have been in my business long enough to tell when some one is blowing smoke, and the smoke being blown by ole Chiefy wasn't coming from a piece pipe. Matter fact I think he was smoke'n my $35 membership fee.   :shck:

At any rate fellas I'm sorry and avoid the guild as ya were.  :wink:

FinsnFur

Can't blame yourself Todd, we'll do that for ya  :biggrin:

No, I'm kidding. No part of this was your fault.

Hey when he was smokin your membership fees did you happen to see any smoke rings that resembles my advertising fees?  :rolleye:

When I get burned like this it really ignites a desire for revenge. I'm doing everything I can to keep myself from either going over there and showing my ass, or picking up the phone and calling their money man.

The most disgusting part of the whole issue, is that the decision to NOT include Predator Calls was clearly not based on lack of support. They had revenue, contributions, and people coming in from all directions.  :rolleye:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

quackerstacker

oh go ahead and show your ass over there. im bored and need some cheap entertainment :eyebrownod: might go over to pm and see exactly what you have to do to get banned :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

steve
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

Coulter

Todd and everybody else, Don't blame yourself...I instigated this just as much as anybody. It was certainly worth a try to get predator calls some well deserved attention. Just so everybody knows...I am no longer on the Guild's communications committee and I will not have anything to do with a newsletter...if one ever gets published. I have pretty much washed my hands of the Guild as well, but not without a lesson learned - get all of the details and bylaws looked at before joining a new organization.  :readthis: If it looks to good to be true...it probably is.

My apologies to everybody. By the way Todd, does your crow taste like turkey too :roflmao:

Steve

Todd Rahm

Ok fellas. Figured I'd share this PM and my response just in case some one twist my words, and Steffy I'm not sure what here referes to here as I never mentioned anything to him. Heres his lovely PM.

QuoteTodd,

I do not know you and had never heard your name before Al or AGW mentioned it. I have never sent you an email or PM, so the fact that you received one from Stephen Steffy verifies my distrust of him. No direct personal email should ever be broadcast to unintended parties, wouldn't you agree? However, due to a clamor from Steve, Al and a couple of others, I had the original bylaws posted. I did not feel this original document, which predates my involvement, was in a final format. My hunch was correct, based on your posts.

All of the members of the Board of Directors support "inviting" all call makers and collectors into the Guild. What we have been lacking from the vocal minorities are leaders who are willing to stand up and help develop a program that addresses their constituents. Those who do not make or collect predator calls should not develop anything related to that field. Correct? All we can do is invite and make welcome. I have done my dead-level best to do that. Your comments about smoke and mirrors pertaining to me are unbased and unfair. But, so be it.

I tried to call and speak with you, but you were not in. Sorry I missed you and sorry you have such deep seated feelings about me and an organization you just joined and know so little about.

Preston

P.S. The pins and hats were not made in China and Chris Smarte our President bought the knives for Nashville out of his own pocket to the tune of $600. Where I come from it is rude to criticize a gift.

and heres my reply/love letter, as to not be misquoted.

QuoteI have never sent you an email or PM, so the fact that you received one from Stephen Steffy verifies my distrust of him. No direct personal email should ever be broadcast to unintended parties, wouldn't you agree?

Unintended parties.............meaning the fellaas I'm using smoke and mirrors on? Ok. Not sure about the Steffy thing either.

Al on the other hand, down right claimed ya lied to him, and while Al is strong headed, he is very forward and honest. Your tap dancing replies to post seems to confirm this. I guess well have to agree to disagree.

QuoteI tried to call and speak with you, but you were not in. Sorry I missed you and sorry you have such deep seated feelings about me and an organization you just joined and know so little about.

Sorry, I missed ya though, but I dont figure could have sugar coated anything enough for me to change my stance. Way I see it ya had enough of time to do that in the open forums if'n those were your intentions.

QuoteP.S. The pins and hats were not made in China and Chris Smarte our President bought the knives for Nashville out of his own pocket to the tune of $600. Where I come from it is rude to criticize a gift.

The knife my fine Sir was made in China, and I don't really care who forked the cash for them, and my statement wasn't rude. I paid my membership and didn't expect anything but the "guild" The only reason I got that crap in the first place was because I think someone else was making a ruckus and you figure that since maybe Coulter mentioned my name, ya better send the stuff to me too. I didn't asked for it. I asked for an equal oppertunity guild or atleast step in the right direction.

"Kinda like buying your wife a fake diamond and then trying to get her in the sack, after she finds out its fake" But honey where I come from it is rude to criticize a gift.  ::)

QuoteWhat we have been lacking from the vocal minorities are leaders who are willing to stand up and help develop a program that addresses their constituents. Those who do not make or collect predator calls should not develop anything related to that field. Correct? All we can do is invite and make welcome.

None willing to stand up, I'll pass that on to Al, and yeah better go back and read before ya stand by that statement, because I have in fact stood up, but was ignored. Imagine that no predator call makers on the board, so they don't have to develop anything for those fields (Am I really sure you just said that?)
Invite ya have......the money any way, there were a couple of folks making the outsiders feel welcome, but the majority doesnt seem to share thier views.

As I stated before, just remove me from the guild forum and I'll go about my way enjoying the CCO predator call forum.

Maybe somewhere down the road we'll kiss and make up, but I wouldn't count it. I really hate being stroked and lead on. If I'd beleived your intentions to be true I wouldn't be so miffed over this whole thing.

quackerstacker

quiter :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

steve
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

Todd Rahm

Not quitting something I wasn't allowed to join.  :biggrin:  I was robbed for $35 I tell ya. Besides I'm working on another project.  :innocentwhistle:

cjcalls

Don't keep us wondering.  :shrug:
We want to know.

You know the best way to get things in the open is with Pm's :nofgr:

To tell you the truth. I've been working on a project myself. I'm working on the secret hand shake. Only problem is, It's so secret that a can't let Myself know what it is. :huh:

Todd Rahm

Well I'm bump'n heads with a fella or two, but ya keep that secret hand shake, we might just need it.  :wo: