• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

1st Turned Striker

Started by blacky, June 20, 2007, 07:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacky

Here is a picture of my 1st Turned Striker. I glued 2 pieces of zebrawood together and turned it down. It is not perfect but sounds good on a slate call. The picture didn't turn out so well either.

Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

FinsnFur

Gene, I know for a fact that you know how to make beautiful Turkey Calls. I've seen em with my own eyes.

You HAD to have dropped your camera here, that striker looks like it was whittled.  :huh:

I'm guessing it turned out much better then the picture is leading  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ohiobob

does anything go on the bottom to help make the sound or is the bottom all wood ?
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

blacky

FnF, I actually scanned the striker and when I put it in my picture storage I drew it down some and it distorted the picture. Thank you for the kind words.

ohiobob, nothing else goes on the tip of the striker. I make things to suit myself and am not real fond of the rounded tip strikers and like mine flat. I do like the flared tip though so I made this one flared with a flat bottom. it does sound pretty darn good.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

ohiobob

blacky
Thank you,,I have NEVER paid any attention to ANYTHING Turkey,,But my youngest boy is crazy over that stuff,,I have heard him do it but I was curious IF there was a different substance on the bottom of th stryker to aid in the sound/friction ? and you cleared that up for me,,so Thank You !!!!! :highclap:

the reason I dont want anything to do with turkeys is because my buddy Told me it is JUST AS ADDICTING as anything I hunt,,and I KNEW I didnt need another hobby that cost's Money because I knew I would have to get into the
"looking for a girlfriend" Hobby and we ALL know how EXPENSIVE that is  :doh2: :puke: :doh2:
this friend has got me into Musky fishing and I am ABOUT to buy a boat and new Poles and Reels,,so I need to "CURTAIL" my hobbies to 1 new Hobby every 4 years,,so I am AT LEAST 4 more years away from Turkey Hunting  :laf:,,and I HOPE the wife dont get on here becasue she DOESNT KNOW,about my upcoming Musky Hobby just yet  :fingerx:
Thank you again
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

blacky

Bob, your buddy is right. Turkey hunting is the most addicting form of hunting I have ever done. I have hunted small game and shot some pretty good bucks in my lifetime. I have caught most every kind of fish available in my area and even some from the ocean.
I still shoot a few squirrels every now and them but have almost give up deer hunting. In my opinion, anyone that spends a little bit of time scouting can shoot a good buck almost every year. It also works for gobbler hunting but it is so much more exciting to see a gobbler come strutting and gobbling while at the same time looking for the hen you are imitating.

Take your buddy at his word and stay away from turkey hunting.   :laf: :laf: :laf:
www.genesturkeycalls.com