• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

FNF IDOL II - The Pup Distress NEW CLIP ADDED 7/16

Started by THO Game Calls, July 13, 2007, 09:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

It seems that someone sent one of my pup distess recordings to Varmint Al's site. I knew that someone had done that, but I decided not to say anything at the time. That sound just happened to be the same sound that I submitted for entry in this contest. I could easily submit a new sound, but have decided against it. I do not copyright my sounds, so I will take no action against Varmint Al or whoever sent my sound to him. There is always the slight chance that the two sounds are not exactly one and the same, but they sure sound the same to me. I will withdraw from this contest as of now.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

studabaka

I'm not sure I understand...... who/what is 'Varmint Al's site'? Are you thinking that you submitted an entry to this contest and that sound was taken from here and posted at another site?
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

keekee

QuoteDo I understand this correctly?  The moderator's and Administrator's have all decided not to enter?  That decision took the zing right out of the contest for me. If the contest isn't open to all members, it isn't a valid contest. 

Rich,

We don't enter any of the contests here, never have sense we stated here. It just don't look good to win something when you got control over the buttons. Same with the drawings for give aways. We don't put our names in the hats for them either. Nothing personal, it just don't look good for a ADM or Mod to win a prize on the board. Hope you all understand.

Brent

THO Game Calls

Stu, if you have never visited Varmint Al's Eclectic Web Pages, you don't know what you are missing!

http://www.varmintal.com/

Have fun, he's got some interesting stuff on his site.

AL
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

THO Game Calls

None of the staff here enter the calling contest because they all use

E CALLERS

:roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

(I'm banned now right?)   :roflmao:

AL

FinsnFur

Yeah, that's something that we've always tried to avoid Rich, mainly to avoid any confilct.
And YES...that's another good reason Al  :laf:  :eyebrownod:

I did submit one in the first contest, but when the first contest was brought to light there wasn't going to be any prizes on it.  :wink:

Stu you really do need to visit Varmint Al's site, it's like a playground  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

Hey, what's going on here?  I think everybody should get in. This little shindig is supported by the members and Judged by members so everybody has got a chance.  Even the super geeks. :eyebrownod:

THO Game Calls

I have to agree, but I understand why Jim did it this way.

As for Rich Cronk, I have known him for 5 or 6 years?  Something like that.  He is as honest as the day is long, and it kind of stinks that something like this happened.   You will be hard pressed to find anyone more of a gentleman in the forums than Mr.C.   If it were not for him, an awful lot of hand call makers would be doing oragami instead of making calls.   He's pretty much devoted his entire on line existance to helping callers and call makers (and busting on Rich Higgins of course)  This board is blessed to have someone of Rich's caliber and experiance hanging out here.

It also shows we have a member who is locked on to coyote hunting as he picked it up right away.  That's a man who loves his calling and knows his sounds!  Which just goes to show where the best callers hang out these days - RIGHT HERE on FnF.

I have several more sounds to post, and will do so tonight for everyone to listen too.

Thanks to everyone who has sent in a sound already, and to those of you who are going to vote later this week

Al

keekee

Al,

I haft to agree. I worked with Rich C over at Pm for a year or so before he retired and I resigned. Although he can be a cranky old fart :biggrin: he is honest and has helped allot of call makers over the years. We don't always see eye to eye but hey, that's the fun of it! Rich is a good old feller for sure! Even though he does bust on old Higgins and Higgins is old! :shck:! Hell, so do I! And me and Rich H are very good friends but I still haft to bust his chops every chance I get, he would not expect anything less from either of us!! :eyebrownod:

Just so you guys know Jim didn't make the decision for us to stay out of all the contests, it kind of a mutual decision between all of us. And even though the members vote we still have control of the buttons, and it is better that way to keep controversy down. Its just one of those moral things that goes with the job.

But I thank all you guys for think of us!

Brent

Rich

I got a phone call a little while ago and have been convinced to go ahead and make a new entry to this contest. I recorded the sound with a Cronk molded howler at 2:p.m. today and E mailed the sound to THO.
Foxpro Field staff

canine

Who called and threatened you MR Cronk??  :laf:  Well I am glad your back in it....Now if we could just get more of these fellers to join in, :innocentwhistle:  it'd be great!! :yoyo:

JD

studabaka

I for one am extremely pleased that you reconsidered. Us newbie up and comers [notice I didn't say young  :wink:] have the possibility of learning so much from folks like yourself that have been there, been successful, and are willing to share.

Thank you very much Rich  :bowingsmilie:  :biggrin:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Bob D

Rich,
Thanks for joining back in the calling contest action. Alot of folks, including myself ,look up to you and want you to be an active part of FNF. Getting advice from a living legend like yourself is hard to top.
Respectfully,
Bob

Rich

Canine,
I'm not positive because the guy disguised his voice, but I think it may have been VictorVarminter. I ain't sure why he would do that though. He knows dang well that I am gonna whupp is arse in the contest now.   :roflmao:
Foxpro Field staff

Braz

Hey Rich, I am really glad to hear that. I posted one, and know it won't win, or even place, but I did put one up. I am looking forward to hearing lots of different calls from different folks. That will really help me improve as a call. Thanks for changing your mind and posting.   :highclap:  I will look forward to hearing all the calls when they are all posted.
Braz

Rich

Could somebody go get THO out of bed an tell him that today is the 26th?  Dang kids these days.   :roflmao:
Foxpro Field staff

straycat

Good deal. Wish there were more entries,but some of us really need the guidance of a computer GEEK !      :laf:
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

awh

Quote from: straycat on July 26, 2007, 08:35:56 AM
but some of us really need the guidance of a computer GEEK !      :laf:

Jim...Paging Jim. Please contact straycat...
(I know I'm going to pay for that one day... :roflmao:)
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

awh

So before he can get me back I'll try to explain the best I can straycat.

If your running XP and have a mic go to the Start button. Go up to Programs then to Accessories. In that group pick Entertainment then Sound Recorder. Once you open that you should be able to figure out how to record a sound and save it. I'm sure Jimbo can explain better though :innocentwhistle:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Braz

And don't do like I did. I tried and tried to record and nope, just wasn't working. Then I realized, there is an on/off switch on the microphone. DUH!  :doh2:
Braz