• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2 new ones today.

Started by John_NY, December 02, 2008, 08:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

The first one is Dymondwood.

This one is colorwood. The mark about an inch from the bottom is the darker wood coming through not a blemish. I should have stopped a couple rotations earlier or later I guess. LOL

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

blacky

John, those look great.

I have some of that fancy wood a comin. Might be here today. I hope I can make a few calls that look comparable to your work but that will be hard to do.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

Hawks Feather

John,

Nice looking calls.  I really enjoy working Dymondwood.  Well, make that when it is done I enjoy it.   :biggrin:   The stuff is HARD!

Jerry

John_NY

You don't have any worries about keeping up with me Gene.  :roflmao: 

I like the calls too Jerry when they are done. I never seen a wood chip come off it, just dust. LOL.

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Hawks Feather

John,

Take a sharp 1 inch skew and shove it in to fast and you will see chips, chunks, and possibly your skew go flying by.  I have only had mine skate a couple of times and that was bad enough for me.

Jerry

John_NY

:roflmao:   That's funny. I'll take your word for it.  I'm trying to decide if I want to go out in my cold unheated shop and turn another one. I know I'm getting old because I see myself thinking about the temp. before I go out to the shop. LOL.

John