• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

"The Old Wunnerfitz"..

Started by HuntnCarve, August 29, 2009, 05:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

In these parts a "Wunnerfitz" is person that always seems to know what's going on with everyone, or everything.  Sort of a nosey neighbor so to speak.  Well it's the nickname I call my old hunting buddy Chips.  He lives two houses up from me, and we've been hunting together for the past 17 years, since I first moved here. He's old enough to be my dad.  Heck, his sons are older than me.   He's a right onery old cuss, and I reckon I'm the only one that can tolerate him.  Let alone hunt with him.   Atleast that's what I tell him.  Well anyway, he's going to turn 80 years old next month.  A milestone of cantankeriness!  So being that he intends to go out archery hunting next month, I figured I would make him up a little gift.  So here's a custom Black walnut grunt call.  Even made the toneboard for this one.  Ol' Chips has got his eye on a big buck thats frequenting his grand daughters place.  So lets keep our fingers crossed, and hopefully he'll be able to grunt him in?  We all know who will get the phone call to help drag the buck out.  Oh well....
Thanks for looking!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Bills Custom Calls

Well I sure hope he uses it

Some of them old timers say they just don't need a call

Nice job on the call Dave  :yoyo:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Now THAT is a deer grunt! :eyebrow: :yoyo: :biggrin:
Very nice.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

good luck Chip, great call   :congrats:

pitw

I can understand the sentiment that went into that call   :bowingsmilie: .  I'm sure it will work if he wants to try it.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hawks Feather

Great gesture Dave.  Will you help haul my deer out too - if I get one?

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Thanks guys for the kind words!  And Jerry, if we're ever hunting together and you get a buck, I'll help you drag it.   :laf:

Dave

FOsteology

That looks really nice and I'm sure Chip appreciates your generosity! If you still have the grunter on hand, and have a spare moment, could you post a picture or two of your toneboard??

HuntnCarve

Here you go FOs... I was not happy with the "wedge" type toneboard, so I figured I would make something more my style.  I use either Delrin, or a high density wood species.  Sometimes I'll groove the board, other times not.  In the call posted I grooved the Delrin board to make it alittle easier for Ol' Chips.

Dave

Yotehntr

That's a heck of a nice call Dave, I know he'll like it!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FOsteology

Schweet! I've got a bear call (grunt type) I've been meaning to send up your way and have you dupe in some nice wood and a custom tone-board. Will need to get with you this week....

weedwalker

Very nice of you Dave, as usual. I'm sure Chip will appreciate that good looking call. And I'd say he's looking forward to a nice long drag for you too. :biggrin: