Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

I say I say beautiful  absolutely beautiful!!!!!

What a rack!!!!
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

keekee

Troy Walter

Wow that is beautiful,and the deer is a monster.  :eyebrow:

wv_yoter

Jason

HaMeR

Sonofadaggoneholywow!! Thats a nice buck. Well Done!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

cb223

CHAD

KySongDog

You told me you had killed a nice one.  That's definitely a B&C rack!  Congrats!   :congrats:

possumal

What a great deer!  Congrats.  He is one for a lifetime. :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

vvarmitr

:sleep2: Okay, so it's another big deer.

How about a story to go w/ the pix.  ;yes;  :eyebrow:  :biggrin:

MELSDAD

hammeryotes

Quote from: vvarmitr on December 30, 2007, 08:04:18 AM
:sleep2: Okay, so it's another big deer.

How about a story to go w/ the pix.  ;yes;  :eyebrow:  :biggrin:
nov. 17th Left the truck a soon as there was shooting light. I was hunting a bottom land WMA near my house. I have spent a good bit of time in there over the course of the last two archery and gun seasons.  I knew there was a few good bucks around but had no idea that a buck of that caliber even existed on public land.  The bottoms are made up of open big timber with very little brush.  I'm not one for spending alot of time in a tree, especially with a rifle in my hands.  I still hunted the whole morning.  Take a few steps, glass the timber for a few minutes, take a few steps, glass some more.  This went on for about four hours. Finally I spotted a couple of does at about 100 yards milling around.  I stayed put and kept glassing those deer.  A few minutes later I saw a younger buck milling around the does.  Then, 45 minutes after I had originally spotted the does, I saw a rack. Or should I say parts of a rack, through the trees.  I saw enough of it to know that I would take him if I got the shot.  By this time I had my rifle rested against a tree and was watching him through my scope.  It seemed like forever waiting for that buck to step into an opening where I could get a shot.  I still hadn't got a full view of this deer's horns.  Finally the kill section of the deer moved into an 18 inch opening and stopped.  I shot, he bucked and dissappeared.  I stroked another round in the chamber of my .280 and started marching directly at his location. Right away I see him again and notice the blood spot right be hind his shoulder; I also noticed the size of his rack.  I quickly put the second round high through the shoulders, bursting the spine and he drops instantly.  when I got up to him I nearly DIED :shck:  I have killed a good bit of big game in my life and I knew instantly that this was a buck of a lifetime to be sure.  My GPS said 1.48 miles back to the truck.  I ended up quartering him up like we do back home in the mountains, went and got some help and got him packed out.  The celebration went on for two or three days :yoyo:

Jimmie in Ky

I saw some big deer during the season where I was working. A few of them come real close to the minimum score for B%C. That one is definately bigger than any of them. Get him scored!!!! Jimmie

hammeryotes

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on January 01, 2008, 05:19:10 PM
I saw some big deer during the season where I was working. A few of them come real close to the minimum score for B%C. That one is definately bigger than any of them. Get him scored!!!! Jimmie
Hey Jimmie!  I green scored him myself at 193 gross and 175 net.  I'll get him official come Jan 17th and let you all know what the official  deal is. :wo:

hammeryotes

vvarmitr

What a great way to get him! :congrats:
Let us know for sure what the official score comes up to. :wink:

ErictheRed

Smith

Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!