• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Where is my Deer Hunters At?

Started by MDM, August 19, 2008, 06:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDM

Ive only been here on the board a few months and was just wondering who all here is deer hunters. Our archery season starts in 39 days here in middle tn so i have a stand up and have been working on a small food plot. also have a few new spots picked out for my climber this year. Im pretty much ready  :biggrin:

pitw

Well I got a big 4x4 muley with my nissan yesterday if that counts toward hunting.
I say what I think not think what I say.

MDM

Quote from: pitw on August 19, 2008, 07:03:30 AM
Well I got a big 4x4 muley with my nissan yesterday if that counts toward hunting.
must be nice , my atv bit the dust about a month ago now i gotta spend money to get it fixed or ill be pulling deer out of the woods by hand . there should be no manual labor in hunting should it  :shrug:  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

Archery starts September 27 here in Ohio and I will be at my granddaughter's birthday party (which is where I will want to be).  The following week I will be in the woods.  I hunt the woods owned by my former secretary and her husband who was a high school teacher.  He has some paths cut through the woods which make nice deer paths and also make it easy to get around in the woods.  Then there is the fact that after I shoot a deer I go up to the house and he gets his mower, hooks on the trailer, and then goes back and hauls the deer out.  Pretty nice set up.

Jerry

Troy Walter

I am with Jerry,it start in Ohio on the 27 of September,I will hunt opening day but then I won't be back out till the end of October.To warm and don't like dealing with the bugs in the early season.
Good luck.Troy

Bills Custom Calls

I am in Ohio also,and depending on the weather is when I will start hunting deer.

I like to hunt cool frosty mornings so it could be in Nov before I start hunting deer
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

DirtyDog

September 27th huh.........  :wo: I will be in Ohio at that point.  :biggrin:

Coulter

I do deer hunt...but it plays back seat to trapping, waterfowling and predator hunting. I don't give deer hunting nearly as much effort as I would like to. There just ain't enough time in the days, much less the seasons.

Steve

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

vvarmitr

I can do you one better Jerry. My one farmer has a cooler I can stick my deer in.   :biggrin:

linemansteve

Sept, 6th for archery here in Kentucky for both deer and turkey. I have my stands already set now just warming up the old 69 Super K and those wood arrows with 2 blade zwickey's,that's the way fred did it.
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

torasperry

Been watchin a Big 10 pointer, Waiting for Opening Morning in West Tennessee :highclap:
Has an 8 following him around right now, Hope there both still on the Food Plots in a few weeks. :eyebrownod:

Regards,

Bob :innocentwhistle:
R.A. (Bob) Sperry
TED NUGENT IS MY PRESIDENT!

Silencer

I've shot my share over the years, the freezer always has venison in it but nowadays I consider myself a camp man.  I just like to get away more than anything ( plus the kegerator isnt bad )  :innocentwhistle:

Both my boys are coming this year so I must behave at camp  :biggrin:   If deer had wings I'd be out there the night before waiting for daylight with dekes all around me.. lol..

BigB

I am only able to hunt deer 1 day out of the year.  I get to go out with my bow the morning after Thanksgiving.  It's a tradition that I started with my father quite a few years ago.  He tries to rattle the big one in for me.  If we don't rattle anything in, then it's back to coyote callin.  :biggrin:

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

HaMeR

I'm ready!! I had Diane out with the crossbow this evening & she killed that target a bunch of times!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

My tree stand........7'x9' inside with stai :yahoo:rs going into it and windows all around and a heater, carpet and a bench.
:yahoo: ;yes;
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

^^ That's not a tree stand,   :nono:  that's a tree house.   :laf:

Our bow season starts Oct. 1st. Stands are in from last year, just
hafta get out and tighten straps and check em over. Been shootin
quite a bit, gettin primed for bear huntin next weekend :yahoo:,
I'll be ready for it.
Scott

MDM

Good Deal i was hoping there was a few deer hunters here. I predator hunt as well just not as much as deer. Hope to see a few good deer posted from you guys this year.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

torasperry

Just a little report back,
Sat in a Chair Blind to watch for the 3 Bucks, I was stoked when all three 10, 8 and Spike came running into the food plot together, They got to within 30 ft of me before I got busted, :roflmao:, All three look healthy and in good shape.
We have a lot of Plots that are just coming up now, Yesterdays rain helped I'm sure.

Lots of Yote tracks in the plots, Could be GOOD huntin this year for sure!

Bob

R.A. (Bob) Sperry
TED NUGENT IS MY PRESIDENT!