• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL Hunt

Started by Qlee772, January 27, 2014, 04:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qlee772

Hello everyone!  I am new to this forum and am looking for info on the 2014 LBL Hunt.  I will be at LBL the same weekend with a group of guys.  We will be hunting the Tennessee side.  We deer hunt LBL several times a year but none of us have ever coyote hunted there.  Can anyone give me some info on the get-together at Wranglers.  Also looking to hear about some of  the success stories and what to expect at LBL.  Looking forward to hearing feedback.

coyote101

Welcome Qlee772.

There is not really much organization to the LBL hunt other than it happens around the first week/weekend of February (because centerfire rifles are allowed during February). Guys kind of stagger in throughout the week. Some will be there as early as Monday, some will not show up till Saturday.  Most leave on Sunday. Most guys stay at Wrangler's campground, but others stay at motels, and some local guys commute from home.

Come by Wrangler's anytime, there is usually somebody around one of the cabins. The most common gathering place is cabin A3, which is pretty much straight ahead as you come through the entrance to the campground. Don't be shy; if you see somebody stop by and talk.

We try to gather up on Saturday evening for a little BS and a prize drawing. Everybody brings a little something to the drawing, so everybody gets to take something home. Some of the prizes are very nice. There is usually something to eat at the get together, but I'm not sure what will happen this year, as our beef stew cook won't be there.

I don't know where you're coming from, but it looks like cabin B1 is still available if you guys need a place to stay.

I look forward to meeting you and your crew.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: coyote101 on January 27, 2014, 07:50:43 PM
Welcome Qlee772.

There is not really much organization to the LBL hunt other than it happens around the first week/weekend of February (because centerfire rifles are allowed during February). Guys kind of stagger in throughout the week. Some will be there as early as Monday, some will not show up till Saturday.  Most leave on Sunday. Most guys stay at Wrangler's campground, but others stay at motels, and some local guys commute from home.

Come by Wrangler's anytime, there is usually somebody around one of the cabins. The most common gathering place is cabin A3, which is pretty much straight ahead as you come through the entrance to the campground. Don't be shy; if you see somebody stop by and talk.

We try to gather up on Saturday evening for a little BS and a prize drawing. Everybody brings a little something to the drawing, so everybody gets to take something home. Some of the prizes are very nice. There is usually something to eat at the get together, but I'm not sure what will happen this year, as our beef stew cook won't be there.

I don't know where you're coming from, but it looks like cabin B1 is still available if you guys need a place to stay.

I look forward to meeting you and your crew.

Pat
Same here. everyone just has a good time.
A little history on the LBL hunt  http://www.easterncoyotes.com/index.php/annual-lbl
Fuzzy

Qlee772

Thanks for the info and hopefully we will get to come BS for awhile!

JohnP

I know you all will have a good time and kill a lot of critters. 

Good Lord willing I WILL BE at next years event.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

Quote from: JohnP on February 01, 2014, 11:19:14 AM

That would be outstanding Mr. JohnP.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

Quote from: JohnP on February 01, 2014, 11:19:14 AM

That is great news!  You'll have a bunk waiting for you, John.

FinsnFur

Geeeez now I REALLLLLY have to pull the stops out and try to get down there. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 01, 2014, 09:47:23 PM
Geeeez now I REALLLLLY have to pull the stops out and try to get down there. :biggrin:

Yes you do.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

KySongDog

Its only been SEVEN years, why the hurry?   :laf:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Semp on February 01, 2014, 09:51:19 PM

I think Jim still has nightmares about the last time he was there.  Something about having too much to drink and spending the night with a sheep.    :iroll:

Jerry

KySongDog

Quote from: Hawks Feather on February 02, 2014, 09:08:26 AM
Quote from: Semp on February 01, 2014, 09:51:19 PM

I think Jim still has nightmares about the last time he was there.  Something about having too much to drink and spending the night with a sheep.    :iroll:

Jerry

Jerry, what happens at LBL is supposed to STAY at LBL!  Blabbermouth!    :alscalls:  :alscalls:

FinsnFur

LOL, that sheep woulda been CCP then :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 04, 2014, 05:44:37 AM
LOL, that sheep woulda been CCP then :laf:

That would have been funny!! CCP only stands about 5' 8"!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Yeah I would have had to jump pretty high to get up on. :whew:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

riverboss

Electric is out at lbl no heat its raining if they dont get it restord in 40 hrs we will have to leave. Please call before you come.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

slagmaker

dang! be safe down there. we have heavy snow and some wind a starting to kick in. still trying to make it to the Saturday shindig  even got another cousin a wanting to come.  if I can swing the rental vehicle in time.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: riverboss on February 04, 2014, 07:16:00 PM
Electric is out at lbl no heat its raining if they dont get it restord in 40 hrs we will have to leave. Please call before you come.

Keep us up tp date Riverboss, Ole'Joe and Bodyman heading that way Wednesday around Noon
Me and Kyfarmer,KySlim,and another buddy  on thursday
Fuzzy

riverboss

Quote from: slagmaker on February 04, 2014, 08:02:27 PM
dang! be safe down there. we have heavy snow and some wind a starting to kick in. still trying to make it to the Saturday shindig  even got another cousin a wanting to come.  if I can swing the rental vehicle in time.

riverboss

Will do hopefully they will get it fixed. The weather is gpoing to be clear after tonight.