• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hogs at LBL?

Started by coyote101, September 06, 2018, 09:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Yesterday I met a fellow who works for the U.S. Department of Agriculture on the National Feral Swine Damage Management Program. He works primarily in Kentucky and Tennessee helping landowners mitigate damage caused by feral hogs. His method is baiting and trapping them in large groups, and/or shooting them from helicopters. He said that a coworker of his had trapped sixteen wild hogs at LBL within the past couple of weeks. It's unlikely that they got them all, so we may encounter some in February.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

That boar is a bully and those other pigs need to report him to a parent, teacher, or other adult!.. :innocentwhistle:

riverboss

Were going to have a problem in the near future around my county,
Seems a women was taking in pigs and couldn't take care of them, she had over 450 before someone stepped in.
They don't know how many escaped over the last yr but they are sure it was a bunch.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

nastygunz

I wish we had more piggies around here

FinsnFur

Dan?...Can you help nasty out :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

They better be tough and hairy because if they're not they'll turn into porkcicles!  :alscalls:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Nobody has ever bagged any pigs at past LBL events?

FinsnFur

Really nasty? Sounds like your high school days :alscalls: :laugh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Ouch :doh2:...🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽

slagmaker

Yea, no one has harvested a hog. In fact I don't think anyone has seen hog sign at the LBL event.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

I wonder where they all came from. 🕵

slagmaker

If I remember correctly someone brought them in and released them. I can't remember who said that, I think it was Jimmie in KY but I really don't remember

nastygunz

I would like to establish a free range wild herd of potbellied pigs here in New England, they are a lot easier to drag out👍 :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

Heres some wild, self sustaining, pure russian hogs in NH,  as you can see by the  Weather  they have to be hard to make it up here!

pitw

Quote from: nastygunz on September 12, 2018, 09:31:22 AM
I would like to establish a free range wild herd of potbellied pigs here in New England, they are a lot easier to drag out👍 :innocentwhistle:

I gotta butcher one of them freaks.  Buddy got it from his uncle who I assume hates him.  I'll let you know if they is worth anything when we is done.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Id be interested to know!

coyote101

Quote from: slagmaker on September 12, 2018, 01:21:58 AM
Yea, no one has harvested a hog. In fact I don't think anyone has seen hog sign at the LBL event.

I believe KySongDog and weedwalker saw some hog sign not far from Wrangler's a few years ago. They reported it to the LBL folks, but I'm not sure what was done. People illegally release hogs there from time to time, and LBL does their best to eradicate them as soon as they learn of their presence, but it doesn't take long for a breeding pair to multiply out of control.  :mad2:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

A hog in the dog pile would be nice to see.