• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Did you vote yesterday?

Started by THO Game Calls, November 08, 2006, 09:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

After spending 21 years in the Marine Corps, I take my right to vote pretty seriously.  So I went.  Drug my wife along with me.  She voted a straight democratic ticket so I made her walk home.  Only fair.  Let her get used to not having a car or being able to afford gas. 

No, I did not vote a straight republican ticket.  Our Govenor is a Dem, but he is a good man.  So I gave him my vote.  When we had the floods here, he was there the next day.  Not in a suit and tie, but in jeans and a work shirt.  Helping people.   Pitching in.  He made it so that people who lost homes got paid full market value for thier property even if it was still under water so they could start rebuilding thier lives.  He's against a state sales tax, and other taxes that would hurt the average person here in NH.  He will have a fight now that most of our state will be run by his party, but I think he will stand up to them.  I hope he will stand up to them.

Both of our Repulican Congresmaen got defeated.  One deserved it, one did not. 

But after I got home  from the polls and started seeing the returns coming in, I wondered if it even mattered that I went and cast my ballot.  How much will my vote change anything in Washington or in this state?

I heard that Ted Kenedy got ellected again in Mass to his 8th term.  Yup, at the end of this term he will have spent 48 years as a Senator.  And there are others in the same boat.  I kept hearing aobut people being elected to 5th and 6th terms.  One of our congresman who lost his seat had been in office for 20 years.  I don't get it.  People want change, but they keep electing the same people over and over again.

And now, even the people who voted in a couple of states wont even have a say as I am willing to bet that the courts are now going to decide who rules the Senate and we probably woint know untle Decembrer. 

I think we need some term limits.  And some limits on how much these people can spend on elections.  I'm tired of TV commercials put together by slick New York ad agaencies.  I want my politicians to shake my hand, look me in the eye and tell me that they care about what I think.   It's not going to happen, so I think, I will just vote in local elections from now on.  Worse comes to worse, I will just take all the guns and head to camp, but I am pretty tired of going to vote and having it not make one bit of difference where this country goes. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

I'm hearing ya Al.
I had a bad feeling about what was going to take place, and was hoping that if enough Republicans or even fence sitters, felt the same way and made extra efforts to get to the polls and even talk others into going, that we could prevent what happened yesterday.

When I got home, and as the polls closed, watching the results come in on TV was a pretty depressing situation and gave me a sinking feeling.
I'm not sure what's going to happen from here, but I know I'm not looking forward to it one bit.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

One of the gas stations in Concord had a great sign out in front of their station on Monday.  It said

"Fill Up Today, The election is tomorrow"

That pretty much sums it up LOL.

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

fuzz624

I voted and by the looks of it,it didnt do any good.On the other hand,i have a clear conchence because i exercised mt right to vote.

ROOSTER

Gas was $2.09 yesterday- today $2.34  :confused:  :argh:  Our Rep. Senator Dewine was defeated and replaced by a left wing lib. He was a RINO anyways so at least now we know our 2nd Amendment rights are under attack here. Dewine voted to uphold the AWB. What an a-hole. He won't be missed. Our new Gov. is a Dem. but is a backer of  gun rights.  :congrats:

CCP

I did the absentee ballot Iam working out of town. I checked the Vote Rep tab and voted on a few local bills. I feel your pain but still will continue to vote every time I can.

I too worry about where this is going to take us. I wish the city slickers /tree huggers and check getting people would wake up.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Boy the gas is shootin up here too, I might have to get my Schwinn outta the garage  :noway:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

Yep, voted but it looks as i did no good. Dark days ahead us my friends.
                                  Jeb

fuzz624

Hey Rooster,i take it you are from Ohio to.I know that our new govenor has always been pro gun.The only thing that scares me is that he is surrounding himself with antis.I know that one high up official in his cabnet is the leader of a anti gun lobby group.All we can do is hope that our new govenor will continue to be pro gun.

Todd Rahm

Well at best my state still bleeds blue, but the over all picture looks weak.

I'm tired of losing medical benefits to find out they want to give the same or better benefits to a couple of corn-holers...................and they want me to flip the bill.  :argh:

Yes, I voted.  :biggrin:

Arkyyoter

I voted as well......it apprears the only thing I gained was the right to complain....I lost almost every vote....

But if ya don't vote, ya can't gripe.....

I agree, we are in for dark days.......

vvarmitr

^^^ just like Joe said. :rolleye:

Well we know the fight is on now! :noway:  I'll fight for my rights & freedoms as my forefather before me did.