• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

NO DINER

Started by Jimmie in Ky, January 11, 2011, 09:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmie in Ky

From what I can learn there will be no Diner this year. Forestry dept has taken over all LBL amenities. No way of knowing who or what dept will be running this from now on.

So pack up on groceries fella's.

From what I can learn it will not be open again until spring break.  Jimmie

FinsnFur

Bring lots of      :confused:  What'd Bopeye call that stuff?.........Bar B Que?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

WldWldWest

Sucks, If for no other reason a kinda warm place to hang out with everybody......Cept HaMaR, I have a warm place for him :innocentwhistle:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Jimmie in Ky

I think that was what you called it Jim. the rest of us had another name for it  :nono:

FinsnFur

:nono: no no...dont get me involved in this.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Slag will be very popular this year and Reggie better throw in another three coolers.
I say what I think not think what I say.

securpro

Should we create one of our own then? Anybody have a big tent? I am willing to Bring a big pot for soup or chili for Friday and saturday night.  :shrug: :shrug:  If a few people would wanna chip in on the ingredients we could feed 30 - 40 out of one pot.
We like Burgoo and Chili the best but it doesn't matter to me whats put in it.
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Bills Custom Calls

securpro,I have plenty of deer burger I would be more then happy to donate
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

weedwalker

If y'all have a tarp laying around bring it with you. We can put them on the sides of the shelter house. I've got one or two of those blue plastic tarps I can bring. Don't know about heat for it though.

CCP

I will get a roll of plastic from the shop. We will need heaters for sure? All of ours will be in use at work if it is cold.

Semp dont live to far from the LBL maybe we can ALL meet up there for a meeting.  :eyebrow:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on January 11, 2011, 09:16:32 PM
I think that was what you called it Jim. the rest of us had another name for it  :nono:

Thanks for getting my back there Jimmie. Seems Jimbo is suffering from a little CRS.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

You mean a little BMB?
Bite Me Bopeye
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

I can bring my slow cooker and make stew. You can ask Fozzybear my stew is perty good. I will need some help with the meat tho. I need like 15 pounds of good stew meat. Any kind of meat will work.

a couple salamanders should work to heat that big shelter house if we wrap it in tarps.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

A salamander up here will certainly not warm anything but a shore birds belly :nono:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Quote from: WldWldWest on January 11, 2011, 09:14:25 PM
Sucks, If for no other reason a kinda warm place to hang out with everybody......Cept HaMaR, I have a warm place for him :innocentwhistle:

I'll sleep in the car.  :laf: :laf:

I think there's a couple restaurants not too far away from there.  :confused:  Any idea on how big that shelter area is so we know how many tarps to bring?  :shrug:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyotehunter_1

Some of you may remember our first LBL. While on another board, many years before FnF, a few of us put our heads and hearts together to help promote an idea of my good friend and hunting partner, Bopeye. "Lets have a get together for the folks here in the east". We talked it over, many people were interested but none of us had done anything like this before. Several weeks passed, we had several locations in mind but none were top of the list. That is until Jimmie in Ky suggested his old stomping grounds, Land between the Lakes (aka LBL). Plenty of land to hunt, a good population of coyotes (most with a PHD in survival), fairly easy to get into and well managed. They even had a special coyote hunt in Feburary, a win-win for us. The LBL get together was born. We had the place, now to secure more information and get it all set up. Even after several road trips and long distance phone calls to the LBL staff we were still pretty much running in the dark and on our own. The restaurant was supposed to open for us Fri. and Sat. evenings. When we arrived we were instantly faced with a situation, the restaurant was not going to open.  The big open shelter had been reserved so we would  have a daytime meeting place (we all took something... Coleman lanterns, folding chairs, tables, tarps, cooking stuff, heaters, etc.). When we got there they told us, because of possible fire hazard, we could not use anything but elect. heaters (no open flame or kerosene type heaters, stoves or cookers) even in the open shelters. By the time most of us had gotten there it was late, almost dark and getting pretty cold, with no warm restaurant to greet us.  There may have been a few guys staying in the Wrangler's cabins but I don't remember anyone having any of the large cabins rented. Finally, Jimmie in Ky and I approached the officials at Wrangler's, asking if they would take the money for the shelter rental and apply it towards renting a big cabin. I guess the kind folks there felt sorry for our half frozen gang of coyote chasers, they agreed to do so. It was a bit crowded but it got us out of the night wind. Today, thanks to the unselfish efforts of many, the LBL has become a yearly tradition. A meeting of friends, both old and new.
Hopefully everyone will depart the LBL with a feeling of brotherhood and fellowship in their hearts.   

I don't know if they still charge rental on the open air shelters but worth checking on. It used to be $50 per 24 hour day, maybe more today. Another place that might be worth a look is Brandon Springs. I remember they have or had? a meeting hall/dorm of some sort but they also charged a hefty fee for it's use.

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

slagmaker

I can feed 20-25 people two bowls each with my electric cooker.  More if I cook over the fire. I have a salamander just have to see if Darren minds hauling the extra gear.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Jimmie in Ky

Rental of hte pavillion is hte same as large cabin. But Like Chet mentioned we cannot use open flame heaters of any kind in it. Although it can handle as many as 80 I think. And htey will allow us to use tarps on hte outside walls. This would get us out of hte wind and rain if it occurs.

No way of knowing what the weather will be like there just yet on that weekend. Any resteraunts in hte area would be glad to have us show up but at fees that would out do those of LBL by a considerable amount. And getting such at this date would pose a problem as well.

I think hte Dawson Spring building will be out of bounds for hte same reason we lost the resteraunt this year. From what I gather there has been a major power change up there and everything is in limbo until programs are re-established in spring.

We have made do before with  what we have . I don't know how we are going to fit fifty plus people in a cabin without some make shift shelter attached to the porch. We may need to get some Ok to do this. We already know just a wind break will go a long way as long as it's not raining saturday night.

As for food , I aint worried about this bunch. Most of these boys come ready to eat any way with the resteraunt open . Never had a problem finding a snack between meals  :nono:

So do we check on hte pavilion or about adding shelter to one of hte cabins? Since we have a blanket reservation anyway the pavilion would be hte easiest thing to do at this point I'm thinking.Jimmie

FinsnFur

I got an idea. :eyebrow:

As long as he washes them...if Bopeye brings a pair of his insulated underwear, you could wrap the entire Wranglers Campground parameter.  :alscalls:

It might be tough to heat but at least you'd be able to tame the winds. :biggrin:

Checkmate :alscalls: :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

securpro

I am going to get a list of ingredients together for Friday and Saturday evenings and try to post it tonight, also does anyone have a really big skillet (20-24 inch or bigger)? would be nice for fryin up a bunch of eggs.
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro