• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

NO DINER

Started by Jimmie in Ky, January 11, 2011, 09:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

I take it you guys dont want coyote in your soup either !  :shrug:     :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

slagmaker

I can make this stew as well

Bear’s varmit stew

15-20 Lb Chuck roast
(cut into large bite size chunks & brown, garlic salt and salt)

5-7 Lb potatoes

1 Large stalk Celery

1 Large bunch carrots

3-5 Lb onions

2 large green peppers

2 medium heads cabbage

Approximately 1 gallon tomatoes

Garlic salt, salt, pepper to taste

1 10 Oz bottle soy sauce

1 small jar La Choy brown gravy sauce

6 bay leaves

2- 2 ½  tbsp crushed red peppers

4 Oz dark Karo syrup

2 Large cans tomato Juice  (approx 1 gallon)
(May substitute V-8 Juice)

Simmer until carrots are edible

Serves 20-25 people @ 2 bowls per person

I can make this exeact receipe in my electric roaster oven. I have never had anyone turn my stew down. I have made it with venesion and beef but I want to try it with elk or moose
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

coyote101

The guy I need to talk to at LBL is out of the office until Monday, so I will call again then.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

securpro

Slag, That sounds good to... I would just like to narrow it down as to whats on the menu for saturday evenings meal. I am hopeing that if we have something for everyone that will eliminate the need for a long drive out for dinner.I am guessing there will be 60 - 70 people there from the looks of it.
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

jeremy

I work at a plumbing store and we sell 4mil ploy platic sheeting for ground cover in crawl spaces, its 10x100. That 4 mil is pretty thick, can we not just tie up walls with it with 550 cord. It is clear in color so wont be too dark. Hell for that matter we could double wall it. I could grab a couple rolls. If needed.
Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

securpro

Jeremy that would be alot easier than dealing with the weight of the tarps,sounds good.

securpro

jeremy

Ok, I will bring a couple of rolls then.
Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

coyote101

I spoke to the LBL folks today. Since the restruant is going to be closed, they are going to let us use the pavilion and waive the fee. There is electricity at the pavilion which they are going to turn on for us. I am going to drive over there on Thursday and get the measurements to see what it will take to enclose it or at least set up a windbreak. More to follow.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

weedwalker

Pat, check to see if it has a fireplace too.

WldWldWest

Quote from: coyote101 on January 18, 2011, 06:12:22 PM
I spoke to the LBL folks today. Since the restruant is going to be closed, they are going to let us use the pavilion and waive the fee. There is electricity at the pavilion which they are going to turn on for us. I am going to drive over there on Thursday and get the measurements to see what it will take to enclose it or at least set up a windbreak. More to follow.

Pat

Your the man Pat!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Jimmie in Ky

I dont' think you want to go in there on thursday PAT. If you do go early and get the heck out soon. You don't want caught in there if this snow storm is worse than they are predicting
Jimmie

coyote101

Thanks Jimmie, I'm keeping an eye on the weather.

Pat
NRA Life Member

Jimmie in Ky

If it does what they say you can get in and out by noon and be safe enough. If it comes early that deamens hill will be a tiny bit too slick with those temps. Jimmie

coyote101

I went by Wrangler's this morning to check out the cabins and pavilion. The pavilion should be plenty large for our gathering. It is an open air facility, but we can string tarps or some other form of windbreak on one or more sides if necessary. We will have lights and electric there and can use propane heaters and/or torpedo heaters if we bring them.

The pavilion has about 60' X 36' +or- under roof.

It has a concrete floor and twelve picnic tables.

There are four lights and four electric outlets on each side.

There is a fire ring and a double wide fire pit/grill a few feet away on the east side.

There is a good chance that the outpost (restaurant) building will be vacant by next week. If so they will allow us to use it for our gathering. We won't be able to use any of the kitchen equipment, and will of course have to clean up after ourselves, but is indoors and will be more comfortable than the pavilion, although a bit more cramped. I will know more about that next week. The Forestry folks at LBL have been very accommodating and easy to work with throughout this and we need to thank them when we see them. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone the week after next.

Pat
NRA Life Member

weedwalker

THANK YOU Pat for all your efforts to get this lined out. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Frogman

Yes indeed, Pat.  Thanks for your efforts.  I'm sure everyone appreciates  all you are doing to help make the LBL get together a success!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Jimmie in Ky

If the tables and chairs are still there hte resteraunt building is hte best bet by far and a lot less work for Semp to do  :eyebrownod:
Jimmie

pitw

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on January 20, 2011, 04:33:16 PMa lot less work for Semp to do  :eyebrownod:
Jimmie

Wasn't like we were expecting you to work :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Thanks a bunch Pat!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

Whoa!!   Never ever use the word WORK and my name in the same sentence.   :nofgr:  Ya wanna give me a heart attack??   :alscalls:

I am retired:

• No Job
  • No Money
  • No Work
  • No Cares
  • Will Hunt For Food