• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Saturday Night Food (POLL)

Started by weedwalker, January 24, 2011, 08:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerdad

Some of each is always good!
I'm in for a big pot of gumbo if that's what you guys want to do
are we going to be able to use the diner for our meeting?
"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid!"

deerdad

Will be glad to bring bowls & spoons and any thing else i can
"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid!"

weedwalker

We don't know about the diner yet. Pat is going to check on it again.

kyfuzzyface

Hey just tell us what you need to put in it, If I dont have it in the frezzer It should be on the side of the road.  Remember we have a 200+ mile drive to get to LBL, Should be a lot of fresh meat on the sides of the parkways LOL  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Fuzzy

slagmaker

Quote from: Biscuit on January 26, 2011, 12:45:36 PM
What kind of meat you need SLAGMAKER? Will help any way that i can and that goes for anybody.

Venison, beef, Elk. About any thing you would try in a stew. I have never tried elk with it before but I know venison is dang delicious. Beef is good but damnibly expensive.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

coyote101

I called the Wrangler's facility manager this morning. We will be able to use the outpost building for our get together. The tables and chairs will still be there, but if we have a large crowd a few of us may have to bring our folding chairs or stand. Looking forward to next week.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Frogman

I'm not much of a cook, but I will bring the plastic bowls!  Seems like we might need 120 or so for Friday night and Saturday night??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

securpro

Thanks Jim we will need all we can get I think
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

weedwalker

Looks like Securepros burgoo got the most votes for saturday night. If that's what we're going to do maybe Securepro can put a list up of what he needs so we can help him out with it.

coyote101

I still like the "some of each" option. I want to give them all a try. I'll bring four dozen hot dogs and buns.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Bills Custom Calls

Quote from: coyote101 on January 28, 2011, 06:46:23 PM
I still like the "some of each" option. I want to give them all a try.

Pat

+1
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

weedwalker

That will work too. Dosen't really matter to me. :shrug:

wked

A big bowl sample of all the above sounds good to me! :eyebrow:

securpro

I pretty well have everything covered for the Burgoo except for the KY bourbon, and the bowls or cups and spoons. Will also need cheese and crackers for Friday nights chili.  Remember there will be about 10 gallons of each, but if you all think we need more I can bring another pot for Slagmakers stew :biggrin: if we need it just let me know. Also we will need firewood for cooking. I was thinking we could set up cooking area behind the Diner but I can't remember if there is a fire ring there :shrug:

List of needs:     KY Bourbon (1/5)
                        Bowls
                        Cups (12 styrofoam work best)
                        Spoons
                        Shredded cheese
                        Saltine crackers
                        Firewood
                        Hot sauce ?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

coyote101

Firewood shouldn't be a problem. I can't remember if there is a grill and fire ring right outside the Diner or not, but there is near the pavilian, which is close by.

Pat
NRA Life Member

KySongDog

I think you have to get the firewood at LBL.  They don't like for you to bring it with you. 

slagmaker

After that ice storm, there is a lot of firewood in KY.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

Bills Custom Calls

Quote from: kyfuzzyface on January 29, 2011, 05:12:47 AM
I got the  KY Bourbon (1/5)

Now you fellers are talking my talk here looks like I am gonna help cook,should I bring a couple glasses  :eyebrownod:
Surely your not gonna pour a 5th of good Ky bourbon in a cooking pot  :biggrin:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

Quote from: kyfuzzyface on January 29, 2011, 05:12:47 AM
I got the  KY Bourbon (1/5)

Is that not the fourth, fifth you got Fuzzy :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.