• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

***** FnF Youth Holiday Drawing ****

Started by FOsteology, December 16, 2010, 06:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

I managed to get a couple businesses and retailers to donate some loot, so we're going to have a drawing for the Youth members of FnF!!!  :highclap:

In order to be eligible for the drawing, the FnF Youth will need to make a post in this thread under their own user name (and in their own words).

Should they currently not be a registered member, they may create a new registration. However, to keep it fair and on the "up-n-up", the newly registered
youth will need to have a parent, or relative that is a current active member of FnF (minimum of 100 posts) and they must identify in this thread that individuals username.

Youth participants will need to post a short essay (at least two paragraphs) in this thread what the Holidays are all about to them. Theme may include what is important to them,
why they like this time of year the best, etc.

Youth participants that meet the above eligibility requirements will be entered in the drawing. Contest ends December 24, 2010 6pm Central time.

There will be three (3) main prizes to be given away (to be disclosed at the end of the Contest.... trust me, they're GOOD!)

In addition, all eligible entrants not drawn for one of the 3 main prizes will still receive a small token of appreciation for their contribution and participation.

Looking forward to reading the entries!!

gadsdengirl01

Hi my name is jessica I am nine years old and I am securpro's daughter.  
       What I think Christmas is about is when Jesus was born.  I think most kids think about the presents but it's more than just that, it is about thanking Jesus for what he did and being with your family and friends.  It is also about being kind and believing in what he did for us.  We would not be here right now if it was not for Jesus.  He did a great thing for us by going up to heaven, so we could be here right now because he cared about us so much we could never love him like he loves us.  
       I think Christmas is the prettiest time of the year.  It is also fun when you bake cookies and other sweets.   Its is also fun when you go and see the sights on the beautiful houses.  It is also fun going to your Aunts house and getting presents that you really want, and you are begging to have. It might be expensive and that is probably why your mom or dad wouldn't buy it, but Santa can make it with his working elves.   I know the elves don't have time to lay around because of all the kids, but it is always fun seeing kids like me smiling and giggling.   I've heard it is easier smiling than it is to frown, and smiling is like Christmas magic all by itself.   And that is what Christmas is all about to me.  

Sincerly your fins and fur friend,
Jessica

patriotson

Hi, I'm Joseph secupro's son, i'm eleven years old.
        Christmas is about spending true time with family and friends and celebrating the birth of Jesus.   I also think it is an opportunity to get different toys and gifts.   I also think it is a time to enjoy having fun in the snow and around the house.  I love going sled riding with my brother, and sisters.   I also like setting up and decorating the Christmas tree.  This year we made our own cinnamon ornaments.  Our house smells so good, and it was a lot of fun.   
        Christmas is also about looking at the many things people done, while spreading Christmas cheer. I think its a lot of fun when we drive around looking at Christmas lights.   At my house we all help make cookies for our Christmas party at my Aunt and Uncle's house.   I think my mom makes the best chocolate and sugar cookies I have ever tasted.   I haven't found anyone yet that has not liked them.   Its a lot of fun spending time with your friends and family.   I can't wait until Santa comes !!
         Merry Christmas to all Fins and Fur members,
         Your friend Joseph

lacie23

Hi, I am RayElla and I am BamBam's daughter. I am 13 years old. 

There are several reasons as to why the Holidays are so special to me. The #1 reason is because when we celebrate Christmas, we are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, which is very special to my family and I. Another very important reason the holidays are so special to me , is getting to spend time with my family, and being with them on a very special day, having Christmas dinner with them , and exchanging gifts.

That is another reason why the holidays are so special to me, when we get to open presents on Christmas day. My parents , my Grandparents, my big brother , and my friends ALWAYS get me such wonderful things. A couple weeks before my mom and I go Christmas shopping, I save up my money so I can buy my family wonderful gifts.

Those are just a few of the many reasons why the holidays are so special to me. I just love being able to get together with our family and friends, and spending time together. It just means so much to me. I love Christmas time. I hope you and your family have a VERY Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

LightningInABottle

Hi, My name is Sarah. If you don't remember me from the GIANT 8 point essay and picture :biggrin:, I'm Dave's Daughter. I think that the true meaning of Christmas is not that there will be presents under the tree or "Santa Claus" will be coming, but that Jesus Christ was born. Jesus had died for us on the cross at Calvary Hill to wipe away the original sin. At Christmas time, we celebrate Jesus' birth and life that he was willing to save us and open the gates to Heaven. Even if you aren't Catholic, Jesus will still be right next to you and watch over you your whole entire life ;yes;. The Lord was with me from the moment I was born up until right now as I'm writing this essay for the drawing of this contest :readthis:. It means more to me that I can express my feelings for this than to even place in the drawing. Every Christmas Eve, my mom's side of the family gets together and we talk, eat, laugh, and open presents. This is also part of Christmas(not the presents part). We all have SO much fun and talk about so many things that we wish the night would never end even though the next day is Christmas. After Christmas Eve, we wake up on Christmas Day, open our presents from my parents and the ones that Santa "brought us" and we go to 10:00 Mass. I have so much fun every year. Even though I can't wait for Christmas, I only asked for four things this year.That's because as I get older, i understand more and more about Christmas and find that I don't "want" every single thing I can think of like I did when I was a kid. I also learned that it's not about receiving, but giving. When I hand out presents under the tree with my aunt Deb and brother, Dante(spike), I can't help but show a Gigantic grin when the present is FROM me :biggrin:. I <3 Christmas!

:jump:-Sarah

KurtisG

Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

FOsteology

Merry Christmas!!!

The drawing has closed, and the winners drawn:

1st place prize:  LightningInABottle

Leupold Yosemite 6x30mm Pink Mossy Oak binocular AND an Eagle Optics Insight 7x18 Cardinal Monocular

2nd place prize: patriotson

Leupold Yosemite 6x30mm Black binocular

3rd place prize: lacie23

Leupold Yosemite 6x30mm Black binocular

And for gadsdengirl01's contribution and participation, she will receive an Eagle Optics Insight 7x18 Cardinal Monocular

I will need you all (or your parent) to send me a PM with your mailing info. so I may get these prizes out to you as soon as I receive them from the sponsors.

Thank you once again for your participation and contribution.

FinsnFur

Congratulations!!
Now that's Christmas in a kids eye :yoyo:

Outstanding Fos`...simply outstanding :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Congratulations to all participants and to FOs for putting this drawing on!    :congrats:

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: Semp on December 25, 2010, 07:29:54 PM
Congratulations to all participants and to FOs for putting this drawing on!    :congrats:
+1
Well said Semp
Fuzzy

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Semp on December 25, 2010, 07:29:54 PM

+ 2

Jerry

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

LightningInABottle

TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYYTYTYTYFOsteologyT      A MILLION     TIMES!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!             

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and I also want to congradulate the others, too.  Thanks to the people who donated the awesome prizes.

IF YOU DONT WANNA READ THIS, I UNDERSTAND :laf:
I just wanted to let you know how my Christmas Day went =] :

Ok, yesterday, we had my mom's side over for Christmas (her side of the family always celebrates Christmas on Christmas eve day). I got the BEST things EVER! I got grey suade boots, dark, stretchy denim jeans, the cutest black North Face sweater, an under armour/paradox tee, a cornhusk doll my great-greandma made back in the 1940's, and SO much more i cant tell you!  We went for fun walks out back and skated on the icy cold runoff from the river behind my house. I had SO much fun! We went back up to the house and ate dinner, talked, laughed, played games, and then opened the presents.  The best thing of course though, was being with my Family.  After everyone left [ they got here at about 11 A.M. and left at around 8 P.M.] then my dad's side came over for about an hour and we talked, laughed and ate. The next morning i woke up and "Santa Claus" brought us everything we wanted : i wanted a pillow pet, a bird, under armour black socks, a phone, a new Lax stick, and i think that was about it.....  I got everything but the phone [i wasnt really expecting a phone anyway, i just wanted to put it out there  :fingerx:] I also got a really nice electric toothbrush, a new school pencilcase, a GIANT jawbreaker :yahoo:, a plush reindeer, and a few other small but wonderful things. Probably the best things of the visible gifts i recieved was the young, male Cockatiel :biggrin: I LOVE him so much, but we havnt named him yet (he's actually both Dante's and mine). After we cleaned up the mess of wrapping paper and scatered gifts, i did my hair, put on some nice clothes and we went to church. After a holy hour of church to REALLY celebrate Christmas, we went home, i played on the piano, and got the presents in a bag to go to my grandmom's house. After we got there, [p.s. this is my dad's side] we played with my cousins and hung out. My brother got this really neat helicopter [it fell out of the sky and broke on the pavement so we have to return it HAHA :doh2:] and i got the best clothes and charms for my bracelet. When we finally came home after a long, fun day of my loving family, my dad opened up the computer to see if the winners of the contest had been drawn yet and i practically jumped out of my seat when i saw i was in 1st. It was the PERFECT ending for the PERFECT day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     [P.S. TYTYTYTYTYTYTY again  :dance:]   When im done posting this reply, im gonna do a sketch of my new Cockateil, [name not found yet]!!!!!!!   

THANKS!

Jeb

Congrats Lightninginabottle !!! And Congrats to all the winners. :congrats: :congrats: Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, loved reading every word of it !  :highclap: :highclap:
                                        Jeb

patriotson

thank you                   thank you

alscalls

WTG!!!!!!   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
And thanks to, FOsteology and to all that donated and participated.  :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Dave

Thanks you FOs for putting on this Holiday Drawing.  Sarah was soooo excited.
And congats to all the kids - and thanks for sharing with us what this time of year means to you.
:highclap:  :highclap:  :highclap:

FinsnFur

Bet ya cant set and read that without grinning :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

gadsdengirl01

THANK YOU FOR THE GIFT AND THANK YOU FOR LETTING KIDS PARTICIPATE IN THE DRAWING 

Jessica