• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ringtail cat

Started by John_NY, November 26, 2008, 07:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

This might sound stupid but it's something as a New Yorker we don't have around here. I was wondering how much a ringtail is worth. I'm not looking today but when I have some extra money I might be interested in buying one to mount for myself. I just think they are neat looking. As far as that goes I have no idea if they can even be sold ir not. Any info would be appreciated. I think when I can afford one, skinned and  dried would be the best way to get one shipped.

Thanks in advance
John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Carolina Coyote

:confused: Are you talking about a Racoon? cc

FOsteology

We have our fair share of them in Texas.  No idea on what they're worth.... and not sure about where you could obtain a tanned pelt as most folks don't bother with them. I'll ask a couple local Taxidermists and if I find out where and if they can be purchased, I'll pass along the info.

Carolina Coyote

Thanks for posting the picture, don't have anything like that around here, never seen one. cc

FOsteology

They're neat little critters, but man do they ever STINK!!

Carolina Coyote

Are they relate to a skunk? cc

FOsteology

No. They're related to the raccoon family. They have scent glands in their rear that release a musky stinky smell.

FinsnFur

...and they make for awesome soup :eyebrow:
You know? Ringtail Soup! :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Yea Jimbo should go good with Coyote Hash. :laf: :laf: cc

pitw

Those are very pretty animal's.  What part's of the states do they inhabit.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

They like deserts, rocks, and canyons, and are mostly found in the Southwest States from Texas to Oregon to California.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cathryn

the fur ran about 6 bucks last year but your market for them is gonna be in taxidermy.

i know of a guy who was looking to buy some last year for a taxidrmy school and was willing to pay 40 bucks.

look in your yellow pages or online and see if you have any taxidermy schools nearby  and give em a call or ya might even be able to ship em to them next day frozen to a buyer.. there is definitely a market for them in the right arena.

nastygunz

Is it legal to sell em?

cathryn