• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

LBL shotgun shot size restriction

Started by KySongDog, September 05, 2008, 11:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmie in Ky

Our problem is not the folks in the LBL  , but the idiots in Frankfort !!! You think your ticked off, I still have several boxes of bb loads and no place to play them until february statewide !!!  I now have to look for some heavy shot loads and hope I can get them to pattern fairly well . Not too mention the danged things are high priced as all getr out.  I may use the mag a lot more this year. Jimmie

Jimmie in Ky

Ky. State regs blah blah number for federal hunting areas states No shot larger than BB for th LBL.!!!! During the FURBEARER SEASON. I just found it a few minutes ago. Jimmie

KySongDog

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on November 24, 2008, 08:10:07 PM
Ky. State regs blah blah number for federal hunting areas states No shot larger than BB for th LBL.!!!! During the FURBEARER SEASON. I just found it a few minutes ago. Jimmie

Hey Jimmie

Can you point to that reg?  I've been looking for it but can't find it.  Wow, I can't believe how confusing this is.   :nono:

Jimmie in Ky

Read through the furbearer regs Johnny. I believe they have seperated the regs between small game and furbearers. Before it was always based upon the small game regs. I think htey may be trying to seperate the two types of animals for once. They finally changed the regs on e-callers last year for furbearers, realizing predator hunting is a growing sport. We may see some more changes for th better in years to come. Keep your fingers crossed. Jimmie

KySongDog

Thanks, Jimmie!   Looks like BB shot IS allowed in Land Between The Lakes.

I found the regs.

301 KAR 2:125. Small game and furbearer hunting on federal areas.

RELATES TO: KRS 150.010, 150.025(1), 150.092(1), 150.250, 150.370, 150.680, 150.990

STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 150.025(1)

NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 150.025 authorizes the department to promulgate administrative regulations establishing seasons for taking wildlife, and to make these administrative regulations apply to a limited area or to the entire state. This administrative regulation establishes consistent season frameworks on federal areas within the Commonwealth that lie outside the regular season dates.
V
V
V
V
V

Section 4. On Land Between the Lakes, a person hunting the species listed in this administrative regulation shall not use:

(1) Crossbows;

(2) Shotgun slugs or shot larger than BB; or

(3) Center-fire rifles or center-fire handguns, except during designated groundhog or coyote hunts. (21 Ky.R. 2841; eff. 6-14-95; Am. 24 Ky.R. 140; 568; eff. 9-10-97.)

Click Here For The Link

Jimmie in Ky

Found  FLY IN THE OINTMENT ON THIS ONE AGIAN.  If your after bobcat in th LBL , small game regs apply throughout the bobcat season in the LBL. No using centerfire on them that five days in January where seasons overlap !! :rolleye: This is in th LBL regs on bobcat hunting. Jimmie

KY23

So what can you shoot a bobcat with at LBL?  Rimfire?  Shotgun?

Jimmie in Ky

Rimfire and shotgun are it in Ky portions of the lbl and restricted to 2 shot in th shotgun. It stinks but not a lot we can do about it this year. Jimmie

KY23

What do you guys do?   Bring a shotgun or rimfire and carry that if you think your hunting an area with bobcat?  What do you think about taking a .22 LR pistol like a Ruger 22/45 encase you see a bobcat?

KySongDog

Quote from: KY23 on December 04, 2008, 04:40:11 PM
What do you guys do?   Bring a shotgun or rimfire and carry that if you think your hunting an area with bobcat?  What do you think about taking a .22 LR pistol like a Ruger 22/45 encase you see a bobcat?

Bobcat season goes out Jan 31.  Probably the best bet would be to carry a 22 magnum since the shotgun is limited to #2 shot and is not a real good choice if a coyote shows up. ????  Just my opinion here and I'm sure someone will have a different view.

Jimmie in Ky

If I can find some heavy shot in #2 We gonna find out if'n she'll flatten mr yote' . Jimmie

Bopeye

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on December 04, 2008, 07:36:05 PM
If I can find some heavy shot in #2 We gonna find out if'n she'll flatten mr yote' . Jimmie

I've got a box of #2 shot, I'll trade it for a box of Dead Coyote T shot, BB ulti, #4 buck or 00 buck. Let me know and we can swap at LBL.
:yoyo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

topdawg

in the state of ky you can use non toxic t shot for geese....there for i think you can use dead coyote loads......during goose season which ends jan 31...just my 2 cents,,,they leave the law book wide open , they want you two read between the lines than they will fine you,,,i wish they would be more specific
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care