• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Sad Day

Started by Carolina Coyote, November 13, 2009, 02:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

I have posted a few stories about my Black Lab Puddin, She was 12 years old and as much a part of our family as myself. This morning we had to have her put down, she was my very best and loyal friend but she was suffering and I did not want her to suffer. The Vet gave her a shot to relax her and then the final dose. She died peacefully, I will never forget her as long as I live.  :sad: cc

Silencer

will say a little prayer for your family and companion  :sad:   

golfertrout

pets become a part of the family and sometimes its hard to do but you have to do the right thing.we had to do the same to a few of our animals and it was not easy.im am sure she was well taken care of and now she is ok.

PRAYERS SENT

HaMeR

Sorry you had to go thru this CC. I've been there twice,, well I was there for my Wife when she had two of her cats put down,, & I think I know what you're going thru. The Right thing to do isn't always the EASIEST thing to do & I commend you for giving back to Puddin as much as she has given you over the years. 
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

centerfire_223

Sorry to hear that pal. She was a good dog.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

JohnP

A sad story indeed.  I think that we as hunters are more closely bonded with our dogs than most non-hunters are with their dogs.  We will have to make a decision on our Dobbie in the very near future, something the wife and I both dread.  The vet told me that most people have two thoughts going through their mind when they make this decision.  The first being:  Did I do this to soon and the second being I should have done it sooner.  CC I'll think about Puddin next time I'm out bird hunting. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

weedwalker

Sorry to hear that CC. Pets quickly become one of the family and it hurts to loose one.

alscalls

I remember your posts well.....so sorry.....Prayers sent Buddy.....
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Been through that myself.

There's nothing pleasant about it, especially with two young daughters in the picture, that grew up with the dog from day one, as was my case. :sad:

May she finally rest in peace Carl.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Thanks guys, Pudd was a good dog all she ever wanted was to please me and MaMa, but I am thankful for having her, I think she taught me more than I taught her. We will miss her with the good thoughts of how sweet she was.  cc

Frogman

That's tough CC!  Heres to you, Pudd!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

iahntr

We have, and have had, dogs that are part of our family too.
We had to go through that a couple summers ago too.
Very hard time, and I really feel for you and your family.
Take care.
Scott

msmith

We had to have that done to our Tea  Cup Poodle. After fourteen years, she was completely deaf and blind. It was tough. It's been two years and sometimes I still hear her in the house. I feel for you and your family. Good luck and prayers sent.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

GunDog

Sorry I missed this one CC and very, very sorry for your loss. I had to endure the same thing on the 11 of Nov, 2006. I had one here that I raised and trained from a 4 week pup, he was with me about everyday of his life for over ten years. Sometimes I think he was a lot smarter than me ..... He taught me alot to say the least and I still miss him much. I've just about givin up the bird hunting, it just isn't the same. I'll say a prayer  for you and the family .........

R Buker

Sorry to hear about your dog.  That' s always tough stuff to have to deal with.

On a positive note, I've never known ANYONE to put their dog down too soon.  You did the right thing.

Randy